Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Skin Fold Yeast itchinggggggg!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanklin View Post
    His irritation is much more calmed down now, so I am only doing witch hazel once a day just to keep the yeast at bay. Wiping the chin with dry towel more often as well. All the changes are seeming to help tho, I no longer smell the stink on him anymore! Yippee! Now just waiting to see what the food change brings, hoping for less itches. I can usually handle all irritation and redness with several ideas, its the itching that is still getting the best of us. I'd say he has an itching attack every hour at least. Coconut oil just doesn't seem to help! Ugh.
    Did your new kibble come yet? I'm wondering if the itching is food related? What is he doing, how is he dealing w/the itchiness?

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tanklin View Post
    I finally got a picture! Lol! Since I originally discovered it I have been cleaning it every couple hours, so it looks a ton better, but still a little irritated. I am picking up some witch hazel from the store today.Attachment 103660
    Some pink is normal…his eyes look clear and his coat is gorgeous. Finding out the reason for the itching is definitely a must, but overall, he looks good! Give the new kibble from Fromm some time and start it w/the NuVet supplement…Don't forget to log all you are doing, it helps - a lot

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    I was using the honest kitchen Marvel, but am going to order I think the "kindly" next... Which do you prefer?
    Preference grain free base mix

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

tks

Pooper scooper
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglandBully View Post
    Did your new kibble come yet? I'm wondering if the itching is food related? What is he doing, how is he dealing w/the itchiness?
    I 100% hope the itching is food and not environmental! His armpits and face itching has calmed down, it's mostly some chewing on his arms and legs, not quite the paw area. Light itching on the belly and chest, but none of those areas are irritated, just some mild hair thinning. I don't use a floor cleaner, we steam mop our hardwood floors, and I tried scent free detergent before but that didn't seem to help so I stopped using that. Maybe I should go for longer with new detergent. He has stainless steel bowls... This all makes me think it's food related as well! I store his kibble in a plastic tote in my cool garage, I'm strating to now think of a different way to store his food? Should the container be air tight? Maybe it's a dust allergy. All new ventures I'm trying. The itching is definitely calmed down. He still itches first thing in the morning for awhile and then no itching while he sleeps while I'm at work, and periodically thru out the evening, I'd say every hour or 2 hours. So it's not ALOT of itching by any means, I dont think it bothers him like it does me. I just worry for my boy! Ha! New kibble JUST arrived an hour ago, so I'll give him a few days to adjust to that and report back everyone! Thank you a milion times over!

9. Likes 2BullyMama, NewEnglandBully liked this post
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Air tight container is good helps the food from not going rancid…especially if you buy those huge bags of Fromm.

11. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Kibble allergies cant take up to a month to find out anything. Why I always try one protein per month. Easier to eliminate off your list. I can guarantee that if I would give kibbles it would only be orijen or acana from Canada. But that's me.

Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Kibble allergies cant take up to a month to find out anything. Why I always try one protein per month. Easier to eliminate off your list. I can guarantee that if I would give kibbles it would only be orijen or acana from Canada. But that's me.
    Question,,,, my last origen was from Canada but seems all the acana is now from Kentucky (but it all still looks great to me) but............. How or where would you order from to get Canada one?

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    Question,,,, my last origen was from Canada but seems all the acana is now from Kentucky (but it all still looks great to me) but............. How or where would you order from to get Canada one?
    No issues with U S orijen... but issues with Acana in Kentucky. Kentucky ingredients.

Changes to Orijen and Acana pet food in 2016

You can always email them. And ask where it's coming from. Saw somewhere free shipping!

https://acana.com/

https://www.homesalive.ca/brands/aca...FQaewAod8gcPug

15. Likes NewEnglandBully liked this post
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    No issues with U S orijen... but issues with Acana in Kentucky. Kentucky ingredients.

Changes to Orijen and Acana pet food in 2016

You can always email them. And ask where it's coming from. Saw somewhere free shipping!

https://acana.com/

https://www.homesalive.ca/brands/aca...FQaewAod8gcPug
    I did know of the change, but am hoping that since it is still under their control, that the quality will still be as good... It sure seems to be and though I have gotton some from both 'areas' , and with no issues, hope that I will still love. We are doing more Honest kitchen, and some northwest natural products as well so though I will check further on the Canada product, ..... so far so good oh,,, ps,,, just checked that Canadian site now wonder though shipping... yikes will see

17. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads