Mcleanb7

Dec 1, 2014
SC
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Chubbs
My bulldog just started coughing like he does from time to time, but this time it was a wheezing sound and then the hacking cough sound. Not brought on by anything--wasn't eating, drinking, exercising--just sitting and then got up to go outside. No vomit. Breathing normally in between the wheezing coughs. This lasted for about 5-10 minutes and now he is laying down to go to sleep. Any thoughts? I looked at tracheal collapse but it doesn't seem to fit.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could it be a reverse sneeze?

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Maybe he had some phlegm? Frank used to get occasional bouts where all of a sudden he would try to force himself to cough. Sometimes it would end up as wheezing.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=13289]Mcleanb7[/MENTION] If there are no other symptoms-fever,not eating,etc. Try giving him a squirt of lemon juice,as far in his mouth as you can. If it is just flegm(sp?), it will help break it up. Good luck, cause if mine see it, they head for the hills! It ain't no easy peasy lemon squeezy 'round here!

OP
Mcleanb7

Mcleanb7

Dec 1, 2014
SC
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Chubbs
Thanks! It hasn't happened after that, but I'll keep it in mind if it happens again!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.