What Joint Supplement do you give your bully?

SampsonsMumma

Apr 21, 2017
New Hampshire
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sampson
Iā€™ve recently started looking into putting my 4 year old Bully Sampson on a joint supplement. After a few recommendations from users on this site and also form doing my research Iā€™ve narrowed down my choices and want to hear what everyoneā€™s opinions on them are or what you are using for your bully!

1) Nutramax Cosequin DS Plus with MSM
2) Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM
3) Movo-Flex

Iā€™m completely clueless as to what should and should not be in a supplement. I would prefer it to be as natural as possible. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

DE58BC46-B06D-4957-B45A-8F351A4C05C8.jpeg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Iā€™ve recently started looking into putting my 4 year old Bully Sampson on a joint supplement. After a few recommendations from users on this site and also form doing my research Iā€™ve narrowed down my choices and want to hear what everyoneā€™s opinions on them are or what you are using for your bully!

1) Nutramax Cosequin DS Plus with MSM
2) Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM
3) Movo-Flex

Iā€™m completely clueless as to what should and should not be in a supplement. I would prefer it to be as natural as possible. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 111247

I personally use the one at Costco in liquid form. I donā€™t give it much to Nyala just yet but once in a while. Liquids are the best form for a body to absorb. Pill form a body will absorb only half and the rest is peed out. Same for humans. When it comes to vitamins/supplements, coconut oil, fish oil etc etc, I donā€™t give it on regular basis. I rather give it in food form. But thatā€™s me.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Movoflex... before Movoflex i used a powder GLC 1000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Movoflex - Punk was starting to struggle each day and I asked here which supplement as well and Movoflex was recommended. She is like a one year old now. I no longer need to give her rymadyl (sp?) for pain anymore.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Movoflex - Punk was starting to struggle each day and I asked here which supplement as well and Movoflex was recommended. She is like a one year old now. I no longer need to give her rymadyl (sp?) for pain anymore.

AWESOME!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I give Monty (7.5 yrs old) the Nutramax Cosequin DS Plus with MSM. He limped slightly for a couple of days a year or so ago and the vet said he had the beginnings of Arthritis so I put him on it immediately. He hasn't had any problems since but I will keep him on it. I also put my dachshund on it at the same time as they can be prone to back problems. I get it from Cosco (on sale right now at $60 for two bottles of 180 tabs, usually $80).

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I give Monty (7.5 yrs old) the Nutramax Cosequin DS Plus with MSM. He limped slightly for a couple of days a year or so ago and the vet said he had the beginnings of Arthritis so I put him on it immediately. He hasn't had any problems since but I will keep him on it. I also put my dachshund on it at the same time as they can be prone to back problems. I get it from Cosco (on sale right now at $60 for two bottles of 180 tabs, usually $80).

Our Costco donā€™t sell anything like that for dogs.only dog food, toys, treats n beds...thatā€™s it..find itā€™s
https://www.chewy.com/nutramax-cosequin-maximum-strength-ds/dp/36600

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.