What dog food should I get ?!?

Lolasasybully

Feb 20, 2022
Pasadena, Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
My new puppy is on Nutrisource which the breeder had her on. But her poo smells really bad 👎. I have read that is due to not digesting the food properly. Our husky is on a raw diet that we get weekly from a company. But I'm not sure if that is the right choice for my bulldog. Please thoughts....

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
You can check on dogfoodadvisor.com to see what foods are recommended... when my bulldogs were pups I had them on Fromm's puppy in the pink bag. Now I'm giving them Primal raw patties, and Stella & Chewy limited raw kibble.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you; to you all.
Just get right to The raw, o reason you can’t… unless you are preferring kibble till a certain age. Then look at

Zingnature
Acana
Open Farm
earthborn holistic
Fromm

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
You can certainly start feeding raw now but you’d want to make sure it was completely balanced. With an adult, you can balance over time but a puppy needs it balanced every day as they growing.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I also recommend going on raw. In my experience, raw, especially the prey-model kind, is better at avoiding allergic reactions and the like with English Bulldogs.

Mmsaxman

Jun 30, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
My girl seems to be allergic to beef and grains, I went with organix poultry and fish mixes. Also, we add a probiotic supplement to her diet so she has good poo's. Hope this helps and good luck.

Casper32

Mar 30, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie died/no name for puppy yet
My new puppy is on Nutrisource which the breeder had her on. But her poo smells really bad 👎. I have read that is due to not digesting the food properly. Our husky is on a raw diet that we get weekly from a company. But I'm not sure if that is the right choice for my bulldog. Please thoughts....
I recently switched my soon to be 8 year old bully, Finnegan to food that I make for him. I use ground pork, zucchini, carrots, spinach, turmeric, egg and brown rice, he loves it!! He’s been on it for for five weeks now and seems to be doing well.
Does anyone else make food for the bulldog? Any advice, suggestions, comments would be great!!

Attachments

• 8CE5AEE0-4860-4117-BBAA-C06E749EF3C0.jpeg
    8CE5AEE0-4860-4117-BBAA-C06E749EF3C0.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 92

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
does anyone know of any dog food that has no potatoes, no sweet potatoes, no rice, no pumpkins and no peas?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My 2 bully’s are on raw. I n just got a puppy German Shepherd, Sadie. Got her at 3ish months n put her immediately on raw. When I got Sadie she was at 32lbs n pooped so much cause of breeder had her puppies on Purina n cans. She’ll be 5 months on the first n now weighing 54lbs, her poop is normal n goes 1-2 daily.

No need for transition if going directly raw.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I recently switched my soon to be 8 year old bully, Finnegan to food that I make for him. I use ground pork, zucchini, carrots, spinach, turmeric, egg and brown rice, he loves it!! He’s been on it for for five weeks now and seems to be doing well.
Does anyone else make food for the bulldog? Any advice, suggestions, comments would be great!!
I use to for my brindle Nyala as a puppy cause of crystals in urine. I use to buy a big turkey n boil it for like 8+ hours. Kept the broth as topper. I did add veggies like you but never rice or any starch. No need to.

you can also use any raw organs chop it up n use it as a topper.

Uiles

Jan 27, 2021
Country
UA
Bulldog(s) Names
Kobe
does anyone know of any dog food that has no potatoes, no sweet potatoes, no rice, no pumpkins and no peas?
my dog likes potatoes and tomatoes and I dont know how to wean him to eat that:p

I use to for my brindle Nyala as a puppy cause of crystals in urine. I use to buy a big turkey n boil it for like 8+ hours. Kept the broth as topper. I did add veggies like you but never rice or any starch. No need to.

you can also use any raw organs chop it up n use it as a topper.
there is the problem is more in the dishes, already licking off the paint from plastic plates, so it’s better to take information from vet that dogs should be fed only from stainless bowls, since they do not pose a danger to the health of pets.

Last edited:

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet

Natures Logic, they use millet which isn’t considered a grain or legumes.

Natures logic is a good kibble that doesn’t use any of those ingredients 😊

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online