What age do I make the switch?

Missy95

Jan 14, 2018
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Wyatt
I have 2 six month old bulldogs on signature limited ingredient turkey. I want to switch over to Fromms because itā€™s making their skin break out in hives. How old do they have to be to start them on fromms adult food? Should I just put them on the heartland gold puppy first? Hate to keep switching it up.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
The Four Star Fromm line is an all life stage formula. And they have quite a few proteins you can switch between for variation.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
There is no right or wrong answer as to when to switch to an adult food, you can switch any time after 6months of age. Some people like to wait until they are a year old. I switched my guys to Fromms at 7 months old. Fromms adult foods are all interchangeable without having to do a slow transition, but their puppy formula is a chicken based food, and many bullies are sensitive to chicken, and since your guys are showing allergy signs to the turkey, they may be sensitive to the chicken as well, so,for that reason, I would switch them to the adult Fromms and choose a limited ingredient and a different protein.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have 2 six month old bulldogs on signature limited ingredient turkey. I want to switch over to Fromms because itā€™s making their skin break out in hives. How old do they have to be to start them on fromms adult food? Should I just put them on the heartland gold puppy first? Hate to keep switching it up.

Any time after 6 months is fine... Fromm's is an all stages food, especially the four star line.

Members online

No members online now.