Well, we have officially declared Dozer…

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
a part of our family.
He came in to rescue last Jan. He was unable to walk normally. After eval for hip dysplasia he was sent to a neurologist in Richmond VA. His issue is definitely spine related and inoperable.
we decided to continue his eval and see what happens over a 2-3 month period. That brought us to May of ‘21.
He took a turn for the worse and we considered putting him down. Nothing we did improved his health and his blood work was good. Stumped and ready to try anything I found a can of Hemp and Joint by Super Snouts. It was given to us from a former OTR rescuer when her pup passed.
I decided to use it instead of discarding it.
A few days after the first dose I could see and little twinkle in Dozer’s eye. A day or so later, he was moving around more. Within 2 weeks he was trying to walk and doing his best to RUN to the food bowl!
His progress continued and now today he has almost 75% use of his back legs. He will never be normal but he’s good enough and we’ve decided that he’s going to stay with us. He’s goofy, sweet, and goofy…and he’s handsome!
Meet Dozer!

Attachments

• A95357C3-79B0-4681-88AD-D05EF55044DE.jpeg
    A95357C3-79B0-4681-88AD-D05EF55044DE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 230
  • 6F4D60CD-84AA-4C83-B7D2-2ED4E09A41B8.jpeg
    6F4D60CD-84AA-4C83-B7D2-2ED4E09A41B8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 200

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
That is just fantastic to hear! Such a handsome boy and how lucky you decided to you the “hemp and snout”

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I may have to find some Hemp & Snout... my Walter is having a time of it lately. I'm sure it's arthritis now that he's a senior...

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I may have to find some Hemp & Snout... my Walter is having a time of it lately. I'm sure it's arthritis now that he's a senior...
We tried the peanut butter but it didn’t do well so we will stick with the chews.
Available here:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Welcome home, Dozer!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
He is handsome and this story makes my heart happy!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Btw it’s basically New Zealand lipped mussels so even humans can take this. Great for osteoarthritis, asthma even the gut! Look it up very healthy product. Not good if you’re allergic to fish.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
As always, you and Sandy continue to amaze me with you dedication to these beautiful babies! Welcome home Dozer… you have hit the jackpot.

he is one very handsome boy

upsfeeder88

Dec 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Boomer
a part of our family.
He came in to rescue last Jan. He was unable to walk normally. After eval for hip dysplasia he was sent to a neurologist in Richmond VA. His issue is definitely spine related and inoperable.
we decided to continue his eval and see what happens over a 2-3 month period. That brought us to May of ‘21.
He took a turn for the worse and we considered putting him down. Nothing we did improved his health and his blood work was good. Stumped and ready to try anything I found a can of Hemp and Joint by Super Snouts. It was given to us from a former OTR rescuer when her pup passed.
I decided to use it instead of discarding it.
A few days after the first dose I could see and little twinkle in Dozer’s eye. A day or so later, he was moving around more. Within 2 weeks he was trying to walk and doing his best to RUN to the food bowl!
His progress continued and now today he has almost 75% use of his back legs. He will never be normal but he’s good enough and we’ve decided that he’s going to stay with us. He’s goofy, sweet, and goofy…and he’s handsome!
Meet Dozer!
Congratulations finding some success for Dozer. Boomer sends his love and support!

Attachments

• BoomerBoy.JPG
    BoomerBoy.JPG
    289.1 KB · Views: 94

TooTooMommy

Jun 17, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meaty, Sophie, & sometimes fosters
Awww.....Dozer is just beauti-bull !!!!
His story makes me sooo happy! To go from almost putting him
down to now---SO happy for all of you !!! :love:

I just found it and put it in my cart at chewy....hope it helps my babies, too!

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
TooToo, please report back what your experience is.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online