Wakes every 2 hours…urg

Zekesdad

Jan 14, 2023
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeke
Since the family came home for the holidays our zeke has been waking and barking excessively~ so yes we thought UTI. He had mild bacteris so he has been on meds for a week now. Still waking just as much. We began by taking him out and he did go a pinch Each time.

Is it really a UTI issue or has he trained us for attention.?

on a side not he was neutered at 12 months and had prolapse surgery at 2 years. he has always wet his crate overnight. Is it an enconteeance issue?

thanks for any feedback…

Attachments

• 6212C547-416B-41D2-8803-3F3468A91650.jpeg
    6212C547-416B-41D2-8803-3F3468A91650.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 24

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Since the family came home for the holidays our zeke has been waking and barking excessively~ so yes we thought UTI. He had mild bacteris so he has been on meds for a week now. Still waking just as much. We began by taking him out and he did go a pinch Each time.

Is it really a UTI issue or has he trained us for attention.?

on a side not he was neutered at 12 months and had prolapse surgery at 2 years. he has always wet his crate overnight. Is it an enconteeance issue?

thanks for any feedback…

Did your vet check for any crystals or stones in his urine?? That can definitely cause the need to be let outside more frequently and very minimal urine comes out at once.

Very similar to UTI for symptoms. I would also get him on a probiotic if he is currently on antibiotics as the antibiotics can cause immune issues from destroying all bacteria, not just the bad bacteria, the good bacteria is where 90% of the immune system is in the gut. Maybe also try a berry blend supplement, my dog had UTI many times and also my other dog has urine Crystals which caused this issue too which can lead to a stone which if untreated can mean a surgery🙁.

I started both my dogs on Four Leaf Rover brand Red Rover product cause it’s a really good berry blend supplement that has really helped keep those crystals away and no more UTI either. My dog that had crystals, they kept coming back for 1 year, and since I put them on Red Rover berry supplement, he has NOT had any crystals in his urine since and it’s been over 1.5 years since he had the crystals.

Did your vet check for stones or crystals in his urine? Also my dogs urine crystals were actually a result of the food he was on, cause it caused too high PH in his urine. Foods full of grains can cause this and UTI.

What food is he on??

It could be incontinence possibly. I would rule out stone and crystals first.

Dogs don’t normally want to potty in their crate. Something must be off.

And after everything is ruled out, maybe he had you figured out, but I would make sure nothing else is wrong with the urine.

OP
Z

Zekesdad

Jan 14, 2023
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeke
They got a sample via catheter but no mention of crystals..maybe I’ll try to get a natural collection and send in.
will also try the berry supplement, thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agreed,,, check for crystals and maybe go back to training basics to see if e just regressed a bit

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I would remove bedding from his crate for at least a few days and see what happens.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.