vomitting

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
My dog dry heaved about 12 times and then finally threw up about 1/2 cup of foam. I gave her some peanuts the last few days and wondering if she is upset by the fat. I also started giving her these new chews by Etta Says, see below link. I am wondering if these chews may have splintered and got caught in her belly. She seems okay now but I might need to refrain from giving her the peanuts and the chews.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I wouldn't give that whole as bulldogs, well at least my two, tend to not break the pieces small enough or chew before swallowing them. Foam, I think is usually due to palate issues.... if I remember correctly

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
The palate, and also going too long without eating(from being hungry), these 2 are common reasons bulldogs vomit foam.

Also I wouldn’t give those chews if this were my dog.

OP
M

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
Good advice guys, I really appreciate the responses and this forum

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Good advice guys, I really appreciate the responses and this forum

Has she had her soft palate checked??
No breathing issues?? Snoring?

Does she vomit foam before her breakfast or dinner when she is hungry??

And if it was from the chew she could be allergic to it, cause sometimes if they are allergic to the food they will vomit foam.

OP
M

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
They checked her soft palate and said it was fine. The vet wasnt concerned about it and said surgery was totally up to me. She breathes and snores but nothing out of the ordinary. She is on a regular eating schedule so I dont think it was that. I really do think it was those chews. I will be throwing them out, and I will never give her stuff like that again unless its broken up in small pieces. And yes, I think maybe she is allergic to it as well. Just when i thought i had my girl figured out, she surprises me. She is always keeping me on my toes :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I never give my dogs any chewies. They do have some antlers and small biscuits.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
They checked her soft palate and said it was fine. The vet wasnt concerned about it and said surgery was totally up to me. She breathes and snores but nothing out of the ordinary. She is on a regular eating schedule so I dont think it was that. I really do think it was those chews. I will be throwing them out, and I will never give her stuff like that again unless its broken up in small pieces. And yes, I think maybe she is allergic to it as well. Just when i thought i had my girl figured out, she surprises me. She is always keeping me on my toes :)

That’s good her palate is good, maybe she is just allergic to those treats.

Members online

No members online now.