URGENT!!! Vomiting for 24 hrs can't hold down water

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Oh my goodness… you KNOW that you are always welcomed here w/open arms!!! We MISS you very much, and I'm glad that Brutus seems to be on the mend. I can't imagine how scary the last couple of days have been for you guys… don't be a stranger, and keep us posted on Brutus!!! ;)

I won't be!!! I will try to get on as much as I can :) Missed ya Hun!!! It's been crazy for sure but he is worth all of it :) (sometimes lol )

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus and Chanel are inseperable!!! They can't be without each other!!!

Brutus is acting fine and eating great (bland diet) keeping it all down! The only issue is poop it's getting runny so the vet wants to see him tommorow! We have an appt at 10 am to discuss surgery or another xray! I am so scared about surgery or any anesthia given what happened last time :( I will update first thing after the appointment!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula

Brutus is acting fine and eating great (bland diet) keeping it all down! The only issue is poop it's getting runny so the vet wants to see him tommorow! We have an appt at 10 am to discuss surgery or another xray! I am so scared about surgery or any anesthia given what happened last time :( I will update first thing after the appointment!!!

I am sure all will be ok , sending our love from the UK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

prayers and positive thoughts all is OK! :hug:

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I hope he's feeling better! Bullies really are little
garbage disposals...I came back into the living room once and Ruckus had the entire wireless mouse in his mouth, you could only see the red flashing light, I had to grab it before he swallowed it.

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry I didn't update yesterday we had an eventful day!!!! Vet said he wants to try and avoid surgery but since nothing has come out in poop he is a little worried! The X-ray shows nothing really exact! He is worried about putting Brutus under again but said we will hold off until Monday! If no sign of any object or anything then Monday Brutus will be having surgery to see what's i. There! His poo is formed but still soft! We have him on the bland diet until Sunday and no food for surgery on Monday! Please keep him in your prayers and pray that he can get out whatever is in there

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry I didn't update yesterday we had an eventful day!!!! Vet said he wants to try and avoid surgery but since nothing has come out in poop he is a little worried! The X-ray shows nothing really exact! He is worried about putting Brutus under again but said we will hold off until Monday! If no sign of any object or anything then Monday Brutus will be having surgery to see what's i. There! His poo is formed but still soft! We have him on the bland diet until Sunday and no food for surgery on Monday! Please keep him in your prayers and pray that he can get out whatever is in there

I was so hoping no news was good news. Prayers, postivie thoughts and lots of hugs coming your way

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I personally would not do surgery unless he is still vomiting, did they check his stool for any bacteria or parasites? Have they given him any meds?

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I personally would not do surgery unless he is still vomiting, did they check his stool for any bacteria or parasites? Have they given him any meds?

He hasn't thrown up since last Saturdat but poop is still soft and not too formed :( Hubby and I decided we will not do surgery bc it's too risky for him and not necessary to explore something that may not even be there! The vet suggested exactly what you said and we have another appointment tommorow at 10 to run some more tests! I am hoping all is negative! Vet said it could also be the new food but e has been on it for almost a month!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Gosh I'm so sorry... Sending lots of prayers, please keep us posted!!! BTW your baby is adorable, just loved those pics!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:pray:for Brutus, that all will be well, and he will be back to his regular self!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.