Vomiting bile

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
This is a bit odd. Nyala who's healthy and happy go lucky puppy started to vomit yellow bile. Nothing has changed with her routine. She's always playing and moving around like the energizer bunny. Drinks well but lately a week ago Ms Muffet started boycotting her food. Yesterday gave her home cooking meals and she ate half. She loves Acana lamb which she also has no issues with it and tried that but didn't bother with it either. She seems to be fussing. She vomited a few days ago once only and this morning 2x. She pees n poops normal too. Its like one of them issues you just cant pin point. Little bugger! So keeping my hawk eyeballs on her. :hmm: :detective2: Something going to give eventually or smooth out on it's own.

Forgot to mention....her feet smells like someone havent washed their socks for weeks but....again he has absolutely nothing in between the toes, paw pads or anywhere. She's dark so used a led flashlight and its all beautiful in ther.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:ponder: My first thought would be she have an empty belly but if she is fussing... maybe she has a little stomach bug?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
:ponder: My first thought would be she have an empty belly but if she is fussing... maybe she has a little stomach bug?

I thinking that to but the stinky feet is odd too if its nice n clean. Not as if I dont wash her enough. Maybe you are right about her purposely getting dirty to get a spa day. Lolll

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I thinking that to but the stinky feet is odd too if its nice n clean. Not as if I dont wash her enough. Maybe you are right about her purposely getting dirty to get a spa day. Lolll

See... I'm on to something

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
ty...fixed

Oh lol I ride a motorcycle and thought you was trying at ad a joke in there somewhere lolll

Shes ok today. Back to normal. I put her standing in warm water with ACV, then let them dry properly and added a mix of some drops of essential oils mixed with coconut oil. Diva was on her back enjoying the massage on her feet. ;)

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
I just saw this post. Hope Nyala's all better... poor little girl! Stinky feet better too??

Oh lol I ride a motorcycle and thought you was trying at ad a joke in there somewhere lolll

Shes ok today. Back to normal. I put her standing in warm water with ACV, then let them dry properly and added a mix of some drops of essential oils mixed with coconut oil. Diva was on her back enjoying the massage on her feet. ;)

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
This is a bit odd. Nyala who's healthy and happy go lucky puppy started to vomit yellow bile. Nothing has changed with her routine. She's always playing and moving around like the energizer bunny. Drinks well but lately a week ago Ms Muffet started boycotting her food. Yesterday gave her home cooking meals and she ate half. She loves Acana lamb which she also has no issues with it and tried that but didn't bother with it either. She seems to be fussing. She vomited a few days ago once only and this morning 2x. She pees n poops normal too. Its like one of them issues you just cant pin point. Little bugger! So keeping my hawk eyeballs on her. :hmm: :detective2: Something going to give eventually or smooth out on it's own.

Forgot to mention....her feet smells like someone havent washed their socks for weeks but....again he has absolutely nothing in between the toes, paw pads or anywhere. She's dark so used a led flashlight and its all beautiful in ther.

Hi Helene...Happy New Year. Jewel has empty stomach syndrome and if she doesn't have food after a while she vomits frothy bileish-yellow. On another note, Jewel had the same symptoms when she had pancreatitis.

Based on what you have said and given what I know, I would take Nyala to the vet and get checked. Jewel's Alka-phos in her blood was elevated with this. We were given Fumotidine (which we found in and is in Pepcid AC) 10 mg. to help with her vomiting. Well Jewel got worse and was still vomiting and we took her back to the vet and her alk-phos was even more elevated. Our vet said Jewel needed 24 hour care. 3 nights and 4 days later she was better and came home.

Most def a trip to the vet is in order.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi Helene...Happy New Year. Jewel has empty stomach syndrome and if she doesn't have food after a while she vomits frothy bileish-yellow. On another note, Jewel had the same symptoms when she had pancreatitis.

Based on what you have said and given what I know, I would take Nyala to the vet and get checked. Jewel's Alka-phos in her blood was elevated with this. We were given Fumotidine (which we found in and is in Pepcid AC) 10 mg. to help with her vomiting. Well Jewel got worse and was still vomiting and we took her back to the vet and her alk-phos was even more elevated. Our vet said Jewel needed 24 hour care. 3 nights and 4 days later she was better and came home.

Most def a trip to the vet is in order.

And Jewel wouldn't eat either? Like Nyala eats on and off as I leave it there. Ive been testing her....she will eat her dry liver snacks with no problem. Or gave her a marrow bone and empty that in a flash. Why brought me think she's fussing. If she vomits it's in the morning with is usually on empty stomach.

I will check it out for sure. Thanks for the info.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
And Jewel wouldn't eat either? Like Nyala eats on and off as I leave it there. Ive been testing her....she will eat her dry liver snacks with no problem. Or gave her a marrow bone and empty that in a flash. Why brought me think she's fussing. If she vomits it's in the morning with is usually on empty stomach.

I will check it out for sure. Thanks for the info.

According to our vet...it was all the fat that Jewel was receiving on the side of her food. So now she is on a low-fat diet (i.e. crude fat < 10 percent.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
According to our vet...it was all the fat that Jewel was receiving on the side of her food. So now she is on a low-fat diet (i.e. crude fat < 10 percent.

Will have her checked out for sure as just now I went with my hawk eye and flashlight as she's so dark hard to see anything on her. Found some rashes under her armpits area

Rash.jpg

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Poor girl! Maybe a hotspot?
Sounds like this is just not her week. I hope she starts feeling better soon!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Will have her checked out for sure as just now I went with my hawk eye and flashlight as she's so dark hard to see anything on her. Found some rashes under her armpits area

View attachment 103134

Ah jeeze... poor girl! Hope it clears up quick

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.