Vomiting at night

Mosessi

Nov 18, 2022
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
My 4 year old EB injured her back a couple weeks back and has been placed on Tramadol and gabapintin. She also gets Pepcid twice a day. She has started vomiting every night about two hours after going to bed. She does it once and sleeps the rest of the night. No blood and it doesn't look like yellow bile type stuff. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
My 4 year old EB injured her back a couple weeks back and has been placed on Tramadol and gabapintin. She also gets Pepcid twice a day. She has started vomiting every night about two hours after going to bed. She does it once and sleeps the rest of the night. No blood and it doesn't look like yellow bile type stuff. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Has she been vomiting since starting the medication??

Maybe she doesn’t tolerate the medication possibly?

Why does she get Pepcid?

What does she throw up? Just foam or is it food and if there is food in it, is it digested food or not??

What do you feed her?

Is she hungry when she vomits?

I ask all these questions to help you, as there is many causes of vomiting.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
What time of the day does she eat her meal? My dogs get a snack at bedtime. A handful of dog food, and spoonful of yogurt. One the the older ones will vomit if her stomach is "empty". Maybe she needs a snack.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
What time of the day does she eat her meal? My dogs get a snack at bedtime. A handful of dog food, and spoonful of yogurt. One the the older ones will vomit if her stomach is "empty". Maybe she needs a snack.

That’s what I was thinking too cause one of my dogs vomits foam in the middle of the night if he doesn’t get a snack before bed @10:30 or 11:00PM.

I guess my dog is not the only one requiring a snack before bed, as well as breakfast and dinner😊

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
What are the dosages of the two meds? As @Bulldog2001 asked.. what time is it, when was last meal, etc?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.