US Army

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Well Dear EBN Family, 50 years on this day ago I joined the US Army. I joined in Los Angeles at the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) on Wilshire Blvd. Went a physical, turn your head and cough, took the oath, and became a maggot instantly getting on the bus. Off to Ft. Ord, California I went. Good times and bad times, it was a pleasure and honor to serve.

Fury

Feb 4, 2022
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and Fury
Well Dear EBN Family, 50 years on this day ago I joined the US Army. I joined in Los Angeles at the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) on Wilshire Blvd. Went a physical, turn your head and cough, took the oath, and became a maggot instantly getting on the bus. Off to Ft. Ord, California I went. Good times and bad times, it was a pleasure and honor to serve.
Thank you for your service. May God continue to bless you.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Thank you for Service Roger, Wishing you all the best!!

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
From Canada, thank you‼️
I did spend some time drinking beer at Ma Klappers in Hohefels, Germany with my Canadian soldiers. What a blast that I could keep up with them as a Soldier/Medic. They called me Doc for the rest of the night and I taught them some Medic first aid. Cheers!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I did spend some time drinking beer at Ma Klappers in Hohefels, Germany with my Canadian soldiers. What a blast that I could keep up with them as a Soldier/Medic. They called me Doc for the rest of the night and I taught them some Medic first aid. Cheers!
Nice to cherish memories like that. Always gives us a smile eh Doc? 😊

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nice to cherish memories like that. Always gives us a smile eh Doc? 😊
Yes...one of the best times. But then again, I had some bad times. I have dreams at night about those. My doctor calls it PTSD-is thing.

I was re-evaluated by the VA and I am rated as 70% disabled.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yes...one of the best times. But then again, I had some bad times. I have dreams at night about those. My doctor calls it PTSD-is thing.

I was re-evaluated by the VA and I am rated as 70% disabled.

Had lunch with a good friend of mine n as you know I’m very on the holistic side n so is she n more. We were catching up n she mentioned somebody that she knows who’s a police officer at a higher position etc….He to had PTSD n couldn’t work. He did a lot of research on what can help him get over PTSD cause all the doctor with different degrees he saw didn’t help much. He said all they did is prescribe medication. One day he read an article on micro dosing. He read everything he can found on micro dosing. He decided to see a doctor that does micro doses. It took 2 yrs n today his PTSD is gone. Yes was followed by a doctor. One that talks a lot about Micro-dosing is Joe Rogan , Paul Stamets n a couple others. I read a lot on this. Very interesting.

Now I’m definitely NOT telling you to drop what you’re doing. I wouldnt do that. But if you get bored, look into it.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Had lunch with a good friend of mine n as you know I’m very on the holistic side n so is she n more. We were catching up n she mentioned somebody that she knows who’s a police officer at a higher position etc….He to had PTSD n couldn’t work. He did a lot of research on what can help him get over PTSD cause all the doctor with different degrees he saw didn’t help much. He said all they did is prescribe medication. One day he read an article on micro dosing. He read everything he can found on micro dosing. He decided to see a doctor that does micro doses. It took 2 yrs n today his PTSD is gone. Yes was followed by a doctor. One that talks a lot about Micro-dosing is Joe Rogan , Paul Stamets n a couple others. I read a lot on this. Very interesting.

Now I’m definitely NOT telling you to drop what you’re doing. I wouldnt do that. But if you get bored, look into it.
Thank you for the information. I will be seeing my Doc in a couple of weeks for a follow-up.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
not that I ever recommend following Joe Rogan, but there are actually a few schedule 1 coming out of testing phases and waiting for approval

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
Well, Happy Anniversary Roger. I'll hit my 50 year mark in 2026. I have been retired longer now than I served. This August will be retired 27 years. Still working for the military. I am a helicopter mechanic (contractor) at Ft. Benning Ga. Still doing what I loved doing in the Army. Thank you for your service buddy and carry on. :crazy_pilot::soldier1:

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, Happy Anniversary Roger. I'll hit my 50 year mark in 2026. I have been retired longer now than I served. This August will be retired 27 years. Still working for the military. I am a helicopter mechanic (contractor) at Ft. Benning Ga. Still doing what I loved doing in the Army. Thank you for your service buddy and carry on. :crazy_pilot::soldier1:
Thank you for your service as well and thank you for keeping our birds in the sky. I have ridden and jumped out of a few in my day. Always remember, "Three bags full Sir!"

Thanks for the post.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.