URGENT-long time guest, first post.. looking for new family for my baby... distressed

OP
PudgyMommy

PudgyMommy

Apr 5, 2013
Waller, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Pudge RIP, and Maggie
That's what I thought, too... She has huge shoulders so whe sill always look a little dis-proportionate... but her belly is just far too scrawny. Hopefully the spliting up of her eating habits and additions to her diet will make the difference.

Ok Ok... so I have to express what a fabulous day we have had...
Last night was a quiet night and today a quiet day... the only episode was about 5 second mild bobbing that didn't even stir her from snoring.

I am still very anxious to get the test results in. (tomorrow hopefully)

But, the advice and support (not just for my baby, but for me... the human, too) I have recieved here is more valuable than anything I have ever gotten from any single person, breeder or vet, ever. The cummulative knowlege and love for the breed here is immeasurable.

I am convinced the extra hydration, spreading of meals, and supplimental simple sugar and protiens has made the true difference. Maggie has even decided to try out a little independance. Instead of sitting less than a foot from me at all times, she has spent a lot of time today on "our spot" on the sofa... without me!..(15 feet away at the computer) That is HUGE!

Of course, She could have 10 more episodes overnight and into tomorrow,... but today has been a true blessing and I am forever grateful. I will continue to update regularly and I will definitely post the test results as soon as I get them... Keep the suggestions coming. I'll keep soaking it all in.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I think she looks thin in that picture too. Just a couple pounds can make a world of difference though.

I hope the improvements continue with just the simple changes you have made so far so you can weather out this rough patch financially. Then get her all up to date on everything and healthy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That's what I thought, too... She has huge shoulders so whe sill always look a little dis-proportionate... but her belly is just far too scrawny. Hopefully the spliting up of her eating habits and additions to her diet will make the difference.

Ok Ok... so I have to express what a fabulous day we have had...
Last night was a quiet night and today a quiet day... the only episode was about 5 second mild bobbing that didn't even stir her from snoring.

I am still very anxious to get the test results in. (tomorrow hopefully)

But, the advice and support (not just for my baby, but for me... the human, too) I have recieved here is more valuable than anything I have ever gotten from any single person, breeder or vet, ever. The cummulative knowlege and love for the breed here is immeasurable.

I am convinced the extra hydration, spreading of meals, and supplimental simple sugar and protiens has made the true difference. Maggie has even decided to try out a little independance. Instead of sitting less than a foot from me at all times, she has spent a lot of time today on "our spot" on the sofa... without me!..(15 feet away at the computer) That is HUGE!

Of course, She could have 10 more episodes overnight and into tomorrow,... but today has been a true blessing and I am forever grateful. I will continue to update regularly and I will definitely post the test results as soon as I get them... Keep the suggestions coming. I'll keep soaking it all in.

what a great day for you and your girl!!! Looking forward to more of the same

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I could type a really ling explanation of my own experience with this but I am on my phone. Look at my past threads about macks tremors, we actually were able to pinpoint his triggers. It started as a daily occurrencr and once we figured it out And he has not had once since. I am so glad you reached out to this forum for help so everyone quickly gave answers explaining that you didny have to give up your baby. Also...no offense but get a new vet asap. How can a vet never have heard of head tremors! I think your at home treatment plan sounds fantastic. Don't waste any money getting tests done by a vet that sounds like they wont even order the right tests or know how to read the results!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am almost in tears reading your post, not sad ones but happy ones! Please keep us updated, I am so in love with her! Would be cool to see a new pic looking down around the 1st of October too. I love before and after shots!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
i'm so glad your baby is feeling better. I pray you have continued progress.

traceylynn172

May 23, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver ,Maui, Cupcake ,Winter, EEyore, Piglet, Roo and Hana
It looks like head tremors from the video. I know when the girl I have that has head tremors gets them the scare the daylights out of me but she has other major heart issues .
When she gets them I give her honey but what seems to work the best is if I get down on the floor with her and pet her face almost like I was going to clean her wrinkles (which she hates lol) and it seems to distract her and her head doesnt shake some times I have to do this for 10 or 15 min to make sure they stop completely but it seems to work every time. I tried just giving her honey or cheese but the min she was done eating they would start again. It is just something to try and see if it helps when she has them :)

OP
PudgyMommy

PudgyMommy

Apr 5, 2013
Waller, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Pudge RIP, and Maggie
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] I will definitely post an "after pic." I am certain there will be a difference. [MENTION=8927]traceylynn172[/MENTION] That is just how it is with Maggie. During the shakes, I have tried giving her honey, peanut butter, and even letting her chew a rawhide. During the actual eating or chewing her head would be still. But as soon as she was done it would start back up again... With the rawhide, her head would bob if she wasn't actively chewing.. like if she paused to rest her jaw or change her grip on it or something... And they lasted anywhere from 2-15 minutes.. ususally closer to 15 than 2.

However, after making sure she gets more water and changing her feeding schedule and supplimenting with honey, bannanas, eggs and peanut butter, she has only had 2 or 3 episodes. and they have only lasted a few seconds. I can not believe the difference.

Here is her new schedule...
around 7am - 1 scrambled egg, 1/4 of a bannana, and a squirt of honey. I put water in her bowl just before she is done, that way she has to drink the water to get to the rest of the food.
around 2 or 3pm - 1/4 of a bannana and a bowl full of water with a little chicken broth added (its the best way for me to make sure she will actually drink all of it)
around 5 or 6pm - 2 - 2 1/2cups food with 1 glob of yogurt and a squirt of honey
around 10pm - a spoonful of peanut butter (with a benedryl if I feel she needs it) and a bowl of water (again with the broth)

I will probably start adding kibble to breakfast and subtracting a little from dinner,... but a little at a time.
She has water available at all times, but I notice she does not drink as much as the other dogs (or as much as my Pudge used to) So, that's why the "special water"

So far, So good... She is completely spoiled rotten

Anyway, I got a call from the vet today. They said her test results showed nothing that would contribute to her head tremors and that the next step is a neurologist.
I will pick up the results tomorrow on my way to work and post them here for y'alls opinions..

For now, I am soaring! My baby is not in any immediate danger, she is happy and.... so far at least, I get to KEEP her!!!

traceylynn172

May 23, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver ,Maui, Cupcake ,Winter, EEyore, Piglet, Roo and Hana
CONGRATS !!!! so glad she is doing better and you get to keep your baby :)

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Such good news. Keeping prayers coming. Dudley and I are dancing around the living room with joy for you! Keep us posted!! And give that baby a big HUG!:luv:

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
So happy that she has made some improvement so far! Will be praying that it continues and you will be able to keep her, without many more vet visits!! This site is wonderful and I'm so glad some of the members have been able to help!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Happy day, Happy day...keeping y'all in prayers!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This is one of those times I really want to say a naughty word but I can't! So you can fill in the blank! This is __________ fantastic!!!! I'm so happy for you I could squeal!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online