ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thank you all! Beasley was acting more like himself today, I am giving him his meds and he's keeping food down, so I'm super relieved at that.

I want to get him through this pneumonia, that is my first priority. I have been researching different foods and I think I am going to give Earthborn a try. Question, do you mix canned with dry, just dry, just canned? What combinations do you guys use that works well?

Thanks again! So thankful to have a community to get great advice from!

For transitioning him from the Hills to Earthborn? You could add some dry kibble to his canned food... go slow 1/4 cup at a time over several days, and then gradually add more kibble. You don't want to upset his stomach...

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Thank you all! Beasley was acting more like himself today, I am giving him his meds and he's keeping food down, so I'm super relieved at that.

I want to get him through this pneumonia, that is my first priority. I have been researching different foods and I think I am going to give Earthborn a try. Question, do you mix canned with dry, just dry, just canned? What combinations do you guys use that works well?

Glad to hear the little one is doing better today! And great with an upcoming birthday!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

So happy he is feeling better! great news...

So, why are you wanting to not back with Fromm ā€¦ wat was the issue with the food? Eartborn is a great food just curious why the vet wanted you off Fromm other than them making more money off of you

OP
BeasleysMom

BeasleysMom

Apr 22, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Beasley
Nothing bad about Fromm at all, Iā€™ve just been reading the food forums and suggestions and Earthbound seems to be a favorite above Fromm. There is so much conflicting information and Iā€™m not sure what to do, so I decided to move to Eatthbound and try that.

My cousin, a vet tech, posted this today. She has no clue the issues Iā€™ve been having with Beasley or what Iā€™m feeding him. Another element to add to my confusion. It seems itā€™s all about money, I just want to feed my boy a good quality food that will be best for his health.

https://slate.com/technology/2019/01/stop-buying-grain-free-food-for-your-pets.html

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nothing bad about Fromm at all, Iā€™ve just been reading the food forums and suggestions and Earthbound seems to be a favorite above Fromm. There is so much conflicting information and Iā€™m not sure what to do, so I decided to move to Eatthbound and try that.

My cousin, a vet tech, posted this today. She has no clue the issues Iā€™ve been having with Beasley or what Iā€™m feeding him. Another element to add to my confusion. It seems itā€™s all about money, I just want to feed my boy a good quality food that will be best for his health.

https://slate.com/technology/2019/01/stop-buying-grain-free-food-for-your-pets.html

Earthworm grain free is great choice.. add a can of sardines once a week to cover any taurine needed.

Ignore that article.. it is big pet food causing false alarms... only certain breeds could possibly have the issue and most if not all grain free foods add the needed taurine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
BeasleysMom

BeasleysMom

Apr 22, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Beasley
Thank you! I am ignoring the article, kept trying to find out who funded the research...

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online