Unfortunately, we lost Zoey while away...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
on vaca. My son was caring for Zoey and Dozer and we had Lala and MINI with us. Two days gone we got the call from son saying he thought Zoey was dead. He told us that she was fine the day and night before and went out to do her biz as usual before bedtime. He found her the next morning just how she was when he turned out the lights and went to bed. She was almost 11 YO and lived a good life. Dalton "manned-up" and I could not be more pleased with the way he and our Vet handled everything in our absence.
At 1 YO she came into rescue dying from malnutrition and and unable to walk. Her stool was all liquid and a barium study showed nothing remarkable. Sandy decided that she would medicate as prescribed and give her a few days to recover. If she didn't improve, she would put her down. A day or so later, Sandy was watching her do her business in the yard and noticed she was assuming the position to poop but with no favorable results. Then she noticed her scooting and something protruding from her bum. Sandy gloved up and wrangled Zoe and for the next 20 minutes using light pressure pulled a 2.5' long piece of 1/2" rope out her backsides. Within hours Zoey was feeling better and soon resumed normal eating and pooping. Unfortunately, this was only 1 problem fixed. She was still lame...from extreme hip dysplasia. No problem...FHO surgery fixed her right up. She was healthy and ready to go to a new home.
Zoey would be my 7th OTR rescue 1 year before marrying Sandy.
Zoey was healthy as could be right til the end. The Vet said she probably had a stroke and passed very quickly...right where she slept. I hope I go like that when the time comes.
Rest in Peace little girl.
_DSC2970.JPG
zoey.jpg

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
You folks did her good and she had a very good life. We are so very sorry to hear of her leaving. She isn't really gone as long as you have her in your heart and memories.

BullyAngel23.jpg

Bulldog1234

Sep 11, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Knuckles
on vaca. My son was caring for Zoey and Dozer and we had Lala and MINI with us. Two days gone we got the call from son saying he thought Zoey was dead. He told us that she was fine the day and night before and went out to do her biz as usual before bedtime. He found her the next morning just how she was when he turned out the lights and went to bed. She was almost 11 YO and lived a good life. Dalton "manned-up" and I could not be more pleased with the way he and our Vet handled everything in our absence.
At 1 YO she came into rescue dying from malnutrition and and unable to walk. Her stool was all liquid and a barium study showed nothing remarkable. Sandy decided that she would medicate as prescribed and give her a few days to recover. If she didn't improve, she would put her down. A day or so later, Sandy was watching her do her business in the yard and noticed she was assuming the position to poop but with no favorable results. Then she noticed her scooting and something protruding from her bum. Sandy gloved up and wrangled Zoe and for the next 20 minutes using light pressure pulled a 2.5' long piece of 1/2" rope out her backsides. Within hours Zoey was feeling better and soon resumed normal eating and pooping. Unfortunately, this was only 1 problem fixed. She was still lame...from extreme hip dysplasia. No problem...FHO surgery fixed her right up. She was healthy and ready to go to a new home.
Zoey was healthy as could be right til the end. The Vet said she probably had a stroke and passed very quickly...right where she slept. I hope I go like that when the time comes.
View attachment 121779View attachment 121780
I am so sorry. I lost mine in 2019. Itā€™s the biggest heart break ever. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am so sorry for your loss but what a peaceful way for her to go. Rest easy and sweet dreams little girl.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Oh Chip Iā€™m so sorry for Zoey. You & Sandy are the best when it comes to taking care of your rescues. You most definitely gave Zoey a perfect life. R.I.P. Beautiful Zoey.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh gosh... I'm so very sorry for your loss, but I'm glad she was able to go peacefully. RIP sweet Zoey...

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Iā€™m so sorry to be reading this. Zoey was a beautiful girl and hit the jackpot with you guys.

Mauidiver

Apr 7, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
So sorry for your loss, went through the same thing a couple years back and it hurts. I was also out of town. Sounds like she has a great life

DanCarrison

Jul 13, 2010
I'll be happy to send you a copy of Bill at Rainbow Bridge, written for the owners of departed pets (starring Bill the Bulldog). Send me a message at: [email protected]

Attachments

• rainbow-bridge-inside-cover-art-042610[1].3.jpg
    rainbow-bridge-inside-cover-art-042610[1].3.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 114

SlimsMom

Mar 17, 2021
Lakeland, FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Slim
I am tearing up reading this at work. I feel your pain and I am sorry for your loss. Zoey looks like a beautiful girl. RIP Zoey

I love Emily

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Emily
I am so very sorry for your loss.

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
I am so very sorry to read this. I know Iā€™ve been MIA, but know that I have missed you and your gang. Kudos to Dalton for stepping up. Much love to all. Of you.

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)

Bullies Mom

Aug 27, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Milo and Toby
I am so very sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you and your family. ā¤ So very much I could say...your Bully baby was so blessed to have a truly caring, loving and devoted family. You gave him a beautiful life.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.