Unexpected rescue

KassyRN

Feb 19, 2017
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash
So......Iā€™ve rescued a herd of bulldogs! I was called out of the blue by a lady who was informed I love bulldogs and have one. She asked if I would be interested in buying one. My initial thought was no. I have my cash and heā€™s all I want but after s day and night if that little voice in my head telling me to go look at them I called her back and agreed to come look.

The ā€œbreederā€ (I use the term very loosely, she was actually a true back yard breeder) showed me a litter of four 6 month old babies who were filthy, stinky, underfed, bloated with worms and completely absolutely INFESTED with fleas. I had no intentions of buying one and ended up buying them all. They are so sweet and begging for someone to just love them and take care of them, I couldnā€™t leave them there. I brought them home and they each got a 40 minute bath and scrub down followed with a brushing and manicure. Monday they are off to the vet for shots, wormed and check up then Iā€™ve got to find them new homes. I just gotta try try to not get too attached! Iā€™m not sure on where to start to find them good homes, Iā€™m open to any suggestions!

c1abc9f01fdb6ca27ec2c9e4a194da85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Holy cow!!!! Well they look beautiful now and I wish you all the luck in the world again I say wow !!!

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Omg...... look at them! Good luck!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
OMG..... geez girl, cant let you out of the house can we!!! Hows Cash with them? Look at that smile on your son :yes:

OP
K

KassyRN

Feb 19, 2017
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash
OMG..... geez girl, cant let you out of the house can we!!! Hows Cash with them? Look at that smile on your son :yes:

Cash is confused by the sudden burst of puppy and is trying to mother them, lol!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So......Iā€™ve rescued a herd of bulldogs! I was called out of the blue by a lady who was informed I love bulldogs and have one. She asked if I would be interested in buying one. My initial thought was no. I have my cash and heā€™s all I want but after s day and night if that little voice in my head telling me to go look at them I called her back and agreed to come look.

The ā€œbreederā€ (I use the term very loosely, she was actually a true back yard breeder) showed me a litter of four 6 month old babies who were filthy, stinky, underfed, bloated with worms and completely absolutely INFESTED with fleas. I had no intentions of buying one and ended up buying them all. They are so sweet and begging for someone to just love them and take care of them, I couldnā€™t leave them there. I brought them home and they each got a 40 minute bath and scrub down followed with a brushing and manicure. Monday they are off to the vet for shots, wormed and check up then Iā€™ve got to find them new homes. I just gotta try try to not get too attached! Iā€™m not sure on where to start to find them good homes, Iā€™m open to any suggestions!

c1abc9f01fdb6ca27ec2c9e4a194da85.jpg

OMG!!! You are amazing!!! Where are you located? Maybe we can help

OP
K

KassyRN

Feb 19, 2017
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash
OMG!!! You are amazing!!! Where are you located? Maybe we can help

Iā€™m in northeast Oklahoma. I may have found homes for 2 of them but wonā€™t know/decide until I go see them. I want to make sure new families want one to love not just crank out babies like the home they came from.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Iā€™m in northeast Oklahoma. I may have found homes for 2 of them but wonā€™t know/decide until I go see them. I want to make sure new families want one to love not just crank out babies like the home they came from.

GOOD LUCK!! Are they all female? There is a rescue in your area... if you want to see if they can help at all. Tornado Alley

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Would there be a vet that would give you a deal on getting them all fix in your area? That would solve a big problem.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Would there be a vet that would give you a deal on getting them all fix in your area? That would solve a big problem.

Great idea!!! I'll contribute to that.... heck if she was closer I'd take a female

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
You have a big heart! What a great thing to save these little guys. I hope you find good homes for them!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
[MENTION=16879]KassyRN[/MENTION]. Bless you for doing a truly good deed.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Great idea!!! I'll contribute to that.... heck if she was closer I'd take a female

[MENTION=16879]KassyRN[/MENTION], there you go, ship one to Christine! Going to be same price as spaying/neutered. Hey Xmas stocking stuff with a bully!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online