cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yay, i'm glad you have a solid plan now and can feel more comfortable when you go on your vacation.
I hope everything works out and you can have some fun! :)

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
ok we have a neutral spot...cross your fingers!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Awww, that's so great that you two can help eachother out! That's the kind of thing that makes EBN so great to be a part of :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So wonderful! Crossing paws they get along great!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:pray: The meeting goes well! So nice that you were able to help! :) Keep us posted!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
ok we have a neutral spot...cross your fingers!

That's good that you have a neutral spot ... HOWEVER ... working with rescue you are taught and trained in introducing bullys to their new foster or home, when you first introduce her to your home make sure she is on the leash and YOU are holding it. That way you claim her as your property in your bullys eyes, and also for Molly you are claiming your home to be yours and not hers.

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
That's good that you have a neutral spot ... HOWEVER ... working with rescue you are taught and trained in introducing bullys to their new foster or home, when you first introduce her to your home make sure she is on the leash and YOU are holding it. That way you claim her as your property in your bullys eyes, and also for Molly you are claiming your home to be yours and not hers.

good advice. i had planned to take molly in myself. a little hesitant to bring her in on the ground...couldn't i be holding her?

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
ok here's an idea: do you think it's wise to put a partition (we have a long metal thing that we can put between 2 rooms)...the dogs can see through it and sniff each other but they won't be able to pounce on little molly. we met miss molly today without the bullies...she is the sweetest little thing EVER!

we brought home a little toy of molly's for them to sniff. usually when they get a toy they grab it and immediately start playing with it. they just sniffed the skunk toy and didn't mouth it. good news????

meeting is tomorrow.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
ok here's an idea: do you think it's wise to put a partition (we have a long metal thing that we can put between 2 rooms)...the dogs can see through it and sniff each other but they won't be able to pounce on little molly. we met miss molly today without the bullies...she is the sweetest little thing EVER!

we brought home a little toy of molly's for them to sniff. usually when they get a toy they grab it and immediately start playing with it. they just sniffed the skunk toy and didn't mouth it. good news????

meeting is tomorrow.

You chose a SKUNK toy to bring home?? :laugh: No wonder they didn't touch it :tease:

Seriously. I hope this goes well for everyone. It's great of you to offer to help.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
late to this thread as always but hoping for good luck with them meeting! How wonderful to know your baby will be well taken care of while you are away. ;)

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
meeting is 6 p.m. today...will send updates. this will pretty much decide whether miss molly stays with us or not.

OP
Molly1

Molly1

Apr 25, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
Calm, assertive behaviour...and 2 glasses of wine later...

So proud of my baby girl!...I'll let Ollie/Ivy's Mommy let you know how it went. :eek: I literally felt my knees shaking three times in their home tonight..had to walk out of the room when I felt anxiety overtaking the assertive energy. Thank you for the wonderful hospitality this evening, now excuse me while I go vomit lol :barf:

OP
Molly1

Molly1

Apr 25, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
One more "meet and greet" with Ollie/Ivy tomorrow..hoping it goes swimmingly :pray: Thanks to C&D for the hospitality :

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
curiously enough, ollie was the good boy. it was ivy who was all "hey, there's a cuter girl in here!!!" but i think we've got it worked out. downstairs is an ollie/ivy-free zone, and one of us will sleep downstairs with molly in her crate. after tomorrow's visit, i think it's a go.

wish i could post a video, but we were too vigilant to take one....very many supercute bully moments.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.