Tumor/toe amputation

JenniferK

Feb 13, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
We have a 4 year old English Bulldog that was just diagnosed with a mast cell tumor, grade III. The tumor was on her 3rd toe, front paw. Vet removed the tumor but is also recommending amputating the toe to ensure that all the cancer is removed and then doing a round of chemotherapy. Other test have been done and there is no sign that cancer has spread to lymph nodes or other organs. Has anyone experienced or know anyone that has experienced a toe amputation in their bulldog? We are concerned on how this will effect her walking, running and playing.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Have not experienced a toe amputation, but there are dogs who have had legs amputated, and they adjust and do just fine! Seems that losing a toe is the safest way to go.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have a 4 year old English Bulldog that was just diagnosed with a mast cell tumor, grade III. The tumor was on her 3rd toe, front paw. Vet removed the tumor but is also recommending amputating the toe to ensure that all the cancer is removed and then doing a round of chemotherapy. Other test have been done and there is no sign that cancer has spread to lymph nodes or other organs. Has anyone experienced or know anyone that has experienced a toe amputation in their bulldog? We are concerned on how this will effect her walking, running and playing.

I'll try to find it, but there was a member with a pup that had a toe removed.... they did just fine after healing

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I recommend removal.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online