Traveling with English bulldog puppy

doug9081

Jun 14, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nugget
Hello all! We have a 4 month old English bulldog. We currently live in CA and are going to visit my husbands family in Alabama in 10 days. Of course everyone wants us to bring the puppy and we really want to bring him with us as well. Would it be safe for puppy to fly. He is registered support animal so could sit on our lap. Wanted to get your thoughts/opinions because we keep going back and forth. We do have my family here in CA that would be more than happy to watch our little man.

Thank you 😀😀

E965D805-FF45-444C-9B8D-BCB19C8FA9C8.jpeg

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
I have heard that bulldogs do not take well to flying, but I don't know for sure if that means in a pressurized cargo area or a passenger seat. You could always call the airlines you will use. I'm pretty sure they will have a list of dogs that are not allowed to fly with them. Good luck with the trip and hope he does well. He sure is a pretty puppy.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I thought airlines stopped allowing emotional support animals on planes because it was getting so ridiculous and that only certified service animals were allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
The problem is the pressurized cargos. Haven’t heard any issues on the passenger seat side. I know airlines has stopped all flat nose dogs from flying but in your case n front row seat, who knows call them up n make sure they sent you somewhat proof you are allowed. Let us know…Curious. :)

OP
D

doug9081

Jun 14, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nugget
Giving them a call. Will let you know why they say! Thanks for the help!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=20283]doug9081[/MENTION] Welcome to the site! Many if not all airlines have stopped allowing any animals in the cabin-thanks to crazy people and crazy animals! You had better check with your airline. They would want your dog in cargo, and don't do it-he WILL DIE in cargo!

OP
D

doug9081

Jun 14, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nugget
Definitely would not put him in cargo! Only in the cabin if allowed :)

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I could be wrong but I thought the rule for flying in the cabin now is they have to fit in a travel crate under the seat. If they don't fit easily, no fly.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I know rules are different and constantly changing, best to check with the airline…. If not with you, I would leave him in CA with family

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.