Training

Jelly

Nov 13, 2022
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Wills
Hi everyone

Great to be on here and to see all your lovely dogs.

I am new to EBD owning and have a 13 month old male called Wills. I also have an older spaniel who is 8.

Recently Wills has started grabbing my other dogs lead on waljs, shaking it and as heā€™s so strong, pulling my other dog around.

I canā€™t walk them together as itā€™s a tug of war. Iā€™ve tried treats, squeaky toys, balls, but nothing will distract him.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

TIA

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Does Wills walk correctly when he is alone? Have you had him since a pup? He must first walk like a gentleman on his own. Then if he does, you can work on two. I am not a licensed dog trainer, but I have trained ALOT of dogs, mine and others.
This is the collar you need to use on Wills, until he stops the nonsense! Look on you tube for the correct way to use it. Practice using it with him alone. Once you have it, then you can try with both dogs. If he respects the collar(he will if properly used) you should be able to walk both at once!
:welcome: There are other videos explaining how to use also. Make sure you get the Herm Sprenger, not a sub.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jelly

Nov 13, 2022
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Wills
Does Wills walk correctly when he is alone? Have you had him since a pup? He must first walk like a gentleman on his own. Then if he does, you can work on two. I am not a licensed dog trainer, but I have trained ALOT of dogs, mine and others.
This is the collar you need to use on Wills, until he stops the nonsense! Look on you tube for the correct way to use it. Practice using it with him alone. Once you have it, then you can try with both dogs. If he respects the collar(he will if properly used) you should be able to walk both at once!
:welcome: There are other videos explaining how to use also. Make sure you get the Herm Sprenger, not a sub.
Thank you for your reply and the advice, great to know whatā€™s worked for other people who are more experienced with this breed. Iā€™m learning theyā€™re very lovable but very stubborn!
Yes he walks really well if heā€™s on his own, he walks well if theyā€™re both off lead in the park or on the beach, just not if theyā€™re together.
Iā€™ll have a look now at the Yoy Tibe video, I apprecit

OP
J

Jelly

Nov 13, 2022
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Wills
Thank you for your reply and the advice, great to know whatā€™s worked for other people who are more experienced with this breed. Iā€™m learning theyā€™re very lovable but very stubborn!
Yes he walks really well if heā€™s on his own, he walks well if theyā€™re both off lead in the park or on the beach, just not if theyā€™re together.
Iā€™ll have a look now at the You Tube video, I appreciate it

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, as Lynn suggested.. get him comfortable with the prong collar, great tool when used correctly and then start waling them again and you can easily correct him when he tries to behavior like that

OP
J

Jelly

Nov 13, 2022
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Wills
Yes, as Lynn suggested.. get him comfortable with the prong collar, great tool when used correctly and then start waling them again and you can easily correct him when he tries to behavior like that
Thank you for your help

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.