Tia's #2 Agility Class, crappy pics included!

ThatsBull

Sep 10, 2014
Saskatchewan
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tia
We did our second agility class tonight. Tia ran her little heart out! She did awesome. Tonight we recapped jumping poles and touching a target, then moved on to the tunnel and the suspended wheel. I had a friend take a few pictures, but they didn't turn out well at all (my phone's fault, not the photographer's). I will try to remember to take my good camera next week.

Tia is having a blast, but we are only a class of 5, so she is EXHAUSTED by the end of an hour! It's so much fun, and doing it with good friends makes it all the better! 20140930_192100.jpg20140930_192328.jpg20140930_191815.jpg20140930_192319.jpg

OP
ThatsBull

ThatsBull

Sep 10, 2014
Saskatchewan
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tia
Oh she went through NO problem! Same with the tunnel...she didn't have ANY problems with the tunnel...until her 4th run through. Then she started trying to cheat and go around (and once ON TOP of) the tunnel. I quickly discovered that she was far less likely to be lazy about the obstacles if we ran at them, rather than walking up to them. She loves the clicker and the treats too! LOL I have cut normal training treats until like 4 pieces, so she doesn't gain a bunch of weight.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's great!! I bet she's the class super star too!:yes:

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
So awesome!!! Must be so rewarding for you both!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

OP
ThatsBull

ThatsBull

Sep 10, 2014
Saskatchewan
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tia
[MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION] she is more like the class...PITA! LOL. She is the uber energetic one who wants to play with EVERYONE...ALL the time! LOL. I am terrified she is going to go maul (in a playful way) someone's dog any time I have to drop the leash! LOL
[MENTION=9723]jenzaar[/MENTION] I am learning so so much. Not just about the agility track, but about good handling methods, and distraction too. Tia is just happy as a clam to get out and do new stuff! I can't wait to see her in another couple of weeks! The class is just 8 weeks long, and if she does well, we may bump up to Intermediate in January/February when they run the next class.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
So glad that you both are having a good time, unlike the show circle - incredible job you are doing with her keep it up

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
This is really cool! Love how Tia made it thru that hoop!! Good job. There are classes here in my town offered (the humane society even offers the class), but i have two bullies and i believe i'd just have to take one at a time. It looks like fantastic exercise!

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
That looks like so much fun!!! Love the pics and the Packers sweatshirt. We love Eddie Lacey at our house!! Go Tia Go!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I absolutely love that you guys are doing this!! Warms the cackles of my heart to see a bullie doing agility!!

:judges: Team Tia!! :judges:

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
GO TIA!!! :2thumbs::clap::up::bow::bow::bow::coolthumb: You make us all proud to be an English Bulldog owners! kudos to you and your mom!

OP
ThatsBull

ThatsBull

Sep 10, 2014
Saskatchewan
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tia
@cali baker You should totally look into it. If you have a husband/child/friend who would be interested in running one of your bullies you could have them both go in, otherwise you could just do one. Or possibly they offer 2 different agility classes, you could do it with one bullie one night, and the other another night. It's a blast.

Tia is far from graceful, and by far not the "star" of the class, but it's such a FANTASTIC way to mentally (and physically) exhaust them! I do suggest to anyone thinking of doing this, since you use a LOT of treats (like a LOT), I personally buy several varieties of (chicken free) soft training treats....then I cut them into 3 -5 pieces each. this helps prevent Tia from gaining a bunch of treat related weight! I use these treats on my diabetic Rottie too, so he thinks he is the same as our other 2 dogs, but they are small enough pieces that they will be (hopefully) low impact on his blood sugar.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
WTG Tia!!! That is so awesome that she is willing to do everything, I would LOVE to try this w/my dogs...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.