Throat clear, then gagging, then vomit

aflesher

Nov 5, 2020
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
For the last few days our girl has been doing this thing where she tries to clear her through a couple of times and then gags (sometimes followed by vomit). She's always done this one or twice after eating without the vomit but lately she's started doing it throughout the day.

Any thoughts on what's causing this or any remedies that might help?

FYI our girl is 9 years old, had soft pallet surgery 5 years ago, currently taking a low dose of prednisone and generally fairly healthy for an eb.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Could be an infection in her throat of bad allergies. I would let a vet check her out.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
For the last few days our girl has been doing this thing where she tries to clear her through a couple of times and then gags (sometimes followed by vomit). She's always done this one or twice after eating without the vomit but lately she's started doing it throughout the day.

Any thoughts on what's causing this or any remedies that might help?

FYI our girl is 9 years old, had soft pallet surgery 5 years ago, currently taking a low dose of prednisone and generally fairly healthy for an eb.

Agree with David have it checked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
A

aflesher

Nov 5, 2020
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Agree with David have it checked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think allergies are quite possible. She certainly has at least half of the symptoms in that allergy list. We'll bring it up at our next appointment. Thanks for the feedback!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
The palate grows and stretches with age. We have seen a few dogs that have had palate reduction and ultimately needed additional correction. At 9 years old, however, there is considerable risk with a repeat surgery. I'm hoping that her issue is unrelated to an enlarged palate.
Please report Vet's findings...GL!

Epc2188

Jun 27, 2020
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Could of aspirated some food...ehoch would turn into pneumonia..happened to mine..i woke up to like 10 little piles of bile

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.