Those familiar with Merle Bulldogs will be interested to know…

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
that we have rescued a ?3? year old Ghost Merle boy. As is often the case with Ghost Merles, he blind in one eye…having had it removed due to Micropthalmia. He’s about10 lbs under weight. Neutering and nares done too. The shelter did the nares proactively as that has become the thinking with the flat faced dogs nowadays. Had it been up to us, we would not have done it because he’s a great breather.

He gets along great with the others and is super sweet. He was not sold due to his eye but was kept as breeding stock…UGH!!!! Gladiator was the name he came in with. Since he wasn’t very responsive to it and we didn’t care for it, we changed his name to Winky.
Hi everyone!
BFD04F2C-066F-43A3-BF24-64F0A6668188.jpeg
E82836DD-2786-42BD-8E32-EBA8F40DB28F.jpeg

Last edited:

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
He was not sold due to his eye but was kept as breeding stock
🤬😭 the greed in people is just heartbreaking. PETA uses practices like this as effective ammunition against preservation breeders

I’m glad winky found his way into your pack. Love his new name. My first bulldog came to us as Winky and we renamed to Sam. I still called him Winky sometimes 😉

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a looker... he has now gotten the best life in the world! Enjoy the good life Winky... you hit the jackpot

Fury

Feb 4, 2022
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and Fury
that we have rescued a ?3? year old Ghost Merle boy. As is often the case with Ghost Merles, he blind in one eye…having had it removed due to Micropthalmia. He’s about10 lbs under weight. Neutering and nares done too. The shelter did the nares proactively as that has become the thinking with the flat faced dogs nowadays. Had it been up to us, we would not have done it because he’s a great breather.

He gets along great with the others and is super sweet. He was not sold due to his eye but was kept as breeding stock…UGH!!!! Gladiator was the name he came in with. Since he wasn’t very responsive to it and we didn’t care for it, we changed his name to Winky.
Hi everyone!
View attachment 123997View attachment 123998
Hi Winky!!!! Welcome to your new family :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.