RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
For some reason I didn't notice I was tagged in this...so I'm a bit late, sorry.
When we started the transition it went well and there were no runs, but I know that it can be up to 2 weeks for their stomachs to settle. We get bones ground here so we started with that to let the stomach get use to digesting bone.
Some Barfers here in Finland give 50-70% meaty bone (50/50 meat/bone, chicken, turkey necks and so on), so I wouldn't worry about giving too much bone. I don't think there is so much difference in the dogs, only the "school of thought". You will know from your dogs stools what is the right amount for her. I can very clearly see what Usko has been eating from what comes out....I feed twice a day and usually I give two meaty bone meals and then one all meat meal. Hang in there and don't worry. She'll get the hang of it in no time.

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
Well, I got some GREAT NEWS!!!

Lilly finally managed to make some poop out of the chicken!!! It was still a little soft and not perfect, but it wasn't runny!!! I'm so happy for her!! Hopefully it will be like this from now on, and I can eventually start transitioning into new meat.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Woohoo! I think that deserves the happy dance! :jumpdance: Slowly but surely, she'll get there!

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
:jumpdance:

O yeaaaaah!!!

LOL!! We went out and bought some more chicken, and a meat clever!! She's got food for 3 more weeks now, so it's official!!

thanks again [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION], and everyone else that was able to give me some much needed information. Happy to officially be part of team raw :2thumbs:

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
Looks like we hit another wall...

She's got the runs again. I think it might have been the skin that I left on. This time I made sure to take it off, so hopefully that will fix it.

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
Also, on a lighter note....

I GOT THAT JOB AT THE KENNEL!! :jumpdance:

They also said that they're looking to train a new trainer down the line, and that if I work out that could be something to look forward to in the future!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Also, on a lighter note....

I GOT THAT JOB AT THE KENNEL!! :jumpdance:

They also said that they're looking to train a new trainer down the line, and that if I work out that could be something to look forward to in the future!!

Congratulations!! :bravo:

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
Thanks!!!

Whoops lmao!!

This was supposed to be posted on my other thread in behavior...I'm dumb.

Last edited:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
@Lil lilly, [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] and y'all that are having itchy, allergic bullies, Hello and thanks
so much for the great questions & answers that help us, help our bullies!

I have not been able to 'get around' this huge site to read everything so forgive me
if this is addressed already but I'm wondering if y'all fit your faucets with filters and/or
buy water w/o fluoride and w/o cloride, two very toxic substances that cause distress
and is best to avoid! It would be remarkable if our bullies didn't have reactions to these
bad chemical substances. Just wondering how many problems aren't food related but
perhaps with the water they're drinking? Texas Carol

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
@Lil lilly, @karenben and y'all that are having itchy, allergic bullies, Hello and thanks
so much for the great questions & answers that help us, help our bullies!

I have not been able to 'get around' this huge site to read everything so forgive me
if this is addressed already but I'm wondering if y'all fit your faucets with filters and/or
buy water w/o fluoride and w/o cloride, two very toxic substances that cause distress
and is best to avoid! It would be remarkable if our bullies didn't have reactions to these
bad chemical substances. Just wondering how many problems aren't food related but
perhaps with the water they're drinking? Texas Carol

I give the boys filtered water from the fridge, which is what my bf and I drink. I have heard that some people were able to fix their bully problems with simply changing their water source. Won't hurt to try. :yes:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I give the boys filtered water from the fridge, which is what my bf and I drink. I have heard that some people were able to fix their bully problems with simply changing their water source. Won't hurt to try. :yes:

I suspected as much...just another confusing and difficult issue to figure out!

Thank you for your quick response :) Carol

OP
LiLlilly

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
Yep, I use a Brita so she gets nothing but filtered water.

But, I'm having some more issues now...She hasn't been doing too good on the chicken quarters...Her poop was only solid like 2 times, and I think it was when I was feeding the chicken necks, so I'm wondering if maybe that's better for her? I thought because I saw solid poop that I was in the clear to give her some quarters, guess not...You think I should try a different meat, or just go back to necks? I find it so strange that she's having such a hard time with the chicken quarters though...Seemed like she was doing fine. She's also been farting like nobody's business and it's lethal :barf:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online