The Red, White and Blue..American Flag

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Here in Maryland and during inclement weather, the removal of flags is covered under Title 4 U.S.C § 6. (c) – Flag and Seal, Seat of Government, and the States. The Maryland Department of Veterans Affairs displays all weather flags but they are not designed to withstand gale force winds. Cables or weights can become detached during high winds and lead to personal injury. On days when the weather service has posted a wind advisory, the department may remove flags from cemeteries and memorials until it is safe to restore them.

This is the practice in many States.

american-flag-blowing-in-wind-and-lockheed-martin-f-22-raptors-flying-against-sky.jpg

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Wow! Thank God I did not raise my right hand. Brings back quite a few memories when I did though.

Thanks to all Service Members and First Responders and their families past, present, and future for their service.

SALUTE!

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old

Staff online

Members online