The loss of my little boi, Boobies

Lelagh

Sep 1, 2021
Country
Norway
Bulldog(s) Names
Boobies
Hi all, I need some comfort from the bulldog community as on Sunday (29/08/21), I lost my soul mate, Boobies. He was/is the most beautiful boy, and I am completely lost without him. He passed away peacefully in his sleep, snoring, and was 8 years old. He decided to fall asleep and he knew we wouldn't be able to make the decision, like a typical stubborn bulldog he did what he wanted to do.

My heart is breaking, and I know as a Bulldog parent when you have one, all your love goes into them, it is an endless pool of love for them. From when you wake up in the morning, have your morning conversation with them (if they have decided to wake up at the same time as you), let them out for their morning toilet break, run around the garden, back to sleep (until you wake them up for their next toilet break), more conversations and judgy looks to their afternoon mad hour, inhaling of food and back to sleep. I miss the noise Boobies brought to the house and would do anything to hear his nails on the wooden flooring and give him kisses, ear scratches, wipe his folds or the drool from his mouth.

What I love about bulldogs and Boobies, is how much of an impact they have on other people. The outpouring of love, messages, never before seen photos and videos of him have all reminded me of what an amazing bulldog he was and the life he had. I had Boobies, from the age of 2 months and he lived with me in France and grew up as a mountain dog in Les Alpes. We lived all over France, moved to the UK for a few years, and then finally settled here in Norway where he got to live his life with his papa and we became the three musketeers. I made a promise to Boobies that when we left France, we would eventually move to Norway and he would never have to move again and we fulfilled that promise.

They take your heart and for that, I am grateful, as he will always have it. I use to wish, I could bring Boobies everywhere with me, and now he is always with me in everything I do. Always and forever my Mr Boo.

Attachments

• Boobies.jpeg
    Boobies.jpeg
    276.5 KB · Views: 292

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
So very sorry to hear about your bullyboy. He's a beautiful fella. My boys and I send out our thoughts and prayers to you during this difficult time. But know that they are never truly gone as long as you keep them in your heart and memories.
BullyAngel21.jpg

OP
L

Lelagh

Sep 1, 2021
Country
Norway
Bulldog(s) Names
Boobies
So very sorry to hear about your bullyboy. He's a beautiful fella. My boys and I send out our thoughts and prayers to you during this difficult time. But know that they are never truly gone as long as you keep them in your heart and memories.
View attachment 121619
He really does walk beside me every day... they're our shadows that we can even trip over now and again.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so very sorry for your loss... over the years, I have lost several bullies and it never gets easier. Just know that you gave him a wonderful life here on this earth, and that is all that any dog would want... he will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge :heart:

OP
L

Lelagh

Sep 1, 2021
Country
Norway
Bulldog(s) Names
Boobies
I'm so very sorry for your loss... over the years, I have lost several bullies and it never gets easier. Just know that you gave him a wonderful life here on this earth, and that is all that any dog would want... he will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge :heart:
Thank you, I know he is running around maybe more rolling with your bullies and every other one.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
What a great life you gave each other!
True Bulldog owners, like you, are as special as the Bulldogs they care for.
Another Bulldog will help with the healing...and there's one out there that needs you.
Don't wait...start your search now.

OP
L

Lelagh

Sep 1, 2021
Country
Norway
Bulldog(s) Names
Boobies
What a great life you gave each other!
True Bulldog owners, like you, are as special as the Bulldogs they care for.
Another Bulldog will help with the healing...and there's one out there that needs you.
Don't wait...start your search now.
Thank you for those kind words. I use to think it would be too hard, but looking at so many other bulldog videos the last few days you're reminded that they all have very similar attributes and characters to my boo... and then you realise, you are bound in love to always being a bully mum, wanting to carry on the legacy. The story never ends!

Mechadogzilla

Nov 15, 2020
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo(English Bulldog) and Hans(Rottweiler)
I am so sorry for your loss. The silence around the house with no doggie noises is very hard. It sounds like he lived a wonderful life with you; keep the good memories of him always with you.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I am so sorry for your loss! It is almost indescribable, the pain these losses cause. I hope and pray that all of the wonderful love and memories somehow ease the pain.

Prayers!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@Lelagh Sending comforting prayers for you. Many of us here know the pain of losing your best friend. We know the silence and pain of this loss. Your memories will always be with you in your heart to keep. When you are ready, the cure is getting another best friend. This is not a replacement, but an addition .There is always room for another in your heart.:heart:

Bellearell

Sep 1, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Siversun
Yes I agree. Getting another bully doesn’t replace the loss BUT what it will do is give you is another place to give and receive love. You cannot replace your beloved boy, but you can make another bully lucky to have you! I know it very personally. You can still hear the beautiful sound of the shuffling front paws, the snores, the drinking from the bowl…the special smells…there is no dog greater than a bulldog. All of them own my heart, I will never live without one. You can still grieve and hurt but you don’t have to be without.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Sorry for your loss.. Boo sure had a beautiful life. A lot of us members loss our fur babies n never easy.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am so sorry for your loss. They break your heart but for the absolute joy they gave, I wouldn't have it any other way.
:angelheart:

OP
L

Lelagh

Sep 1, 2021
Country
Norway
Bulldog(s) Names
Boobies
I am so sorry for your loss. The silence around the house with no doggie noises is very hard. It sounds like he lived a wonderful life with you; keep the good memories of him always with you.
Thank you

OP
L

Lelagh

Sep 1, 2021
Country
Norway
Bulldog(s) Names
Boobies
@Lelagh Sending comforting prayers for you. Many of us here know the pain of losing your best friend. We know the silence and pain of this loss. Your memories will always be with you in your heart to keep. When you are ready, the cure is getting another best friend. This is not a replacement, but an addition .There is always room for another in your heart.:heart:
What a lovely quote. Thank you for those kind words, the story never ends, it just has some new chapters.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online