2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Can any allergy medication be used? Or are there only certain ones?

To my knowledge... Benedryl, Claritin, Zyrtec are all fine to use. Just like a human, you have to find what works for him

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Too much n too long on Benadryl isnā€™t too good either why I would go straight to raw. Just a thought :) The pinky on the belly is normal as white skin pigmentation is more sensitive. Why youā€™ll seem a white face dog more pink on the face, nose, chin etc.

These 3 might be rather culprit...
Millet
White rice
Chicken cartilage

OP
KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Too much n too long on Benadryl isnā€™t too good either why I would go straight to raw. Just a thought :) The pinky on the belly is normal as white skin pigmentation is more sensitive. Why youā€™ll seem a white face dog more pink on the face, nose, chin etc.

These 3 might be rather culprit...
Millet
White rice
Chicken cartilage

Yea I compared the bags and noticed those three ingredients are something he had not been exposed to before. Heā€™s on grain-free now. Because he had been sneaking into Oreos food without my knowledge before, I want to give it a few days now that he can not access Oreos bowl and see if it clears up. I probably will have to switch to raw eventually, but I know puppies do need a lot of the nutrients in the puppy food which is why Iā€™m hesitating a little.

On a side note, I was going to ask you about fermented veggies. I am going to ferment his veggies myself, but which veggies do you recommend? Heā€™s been eating a lot of grass outside and has been trying to get pieces of our bunnies hay as well, so thinking heā€™s lacking that probiotic too.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yea I compared the bags and noticed those three ingredients are something he had not been exposed to before. Heā€™s on grain-free now. Because he had been sneaking into Oreos food without my knowledge before, I want to give it a few days now that he can not access Oreos bowl and see if it clears up. I probably will have to switch to raw eventually, but I know puppies do need a lot of the nutrients in the puppy food which is why Iā€™m hesitating a little.

On a side note, I was going to ask you about fermented veggies. I am going to ferment his veggies myself, but which veggies do you recommend? Heā€™s been eating a lot of grass outside and has been trying to get pieces of our bunnies hay as well, so thinking heā€™s lacking that probiotic too.

Yours is just a puppy n rare they get Food allergies. It can happen but very rare just like a soft palate on puppies... my dogs were introduced chicken as pups n to this day never had issues. I always make a point to do rotations of protein once a month as pups. If you donā€™t the immune system will get like an alert as I call it throughout the body like ā€œwhatā€™s this strange new thingā€œ...Same for humans.

I fermented this year, turnips, cabbage, carrots, beets all together. Since you donā€™t know whatā€™s yours like, I would go with cabbage first. You can even buy it to try. Mine eats anything. I even kept the extra juice once done an I personally take a shot a day.. good stuff. :)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online