Swollen Nipples!

• Thread starter Baxter Tiberius
  • Start date
B

Baxter Tiberius

Kinky!

Just kidding.

One of bax's 900 nipples (why do male dogs have so many nipples?) has started getting big and red and bulbous. The one adjacent to it is doing the same but only slightly.

This is one of several changes since I put him on raw organ meats (hardcore food in my opinion) but Im not sure if its related.

Is this a puberty thing ? Thats what I assumed. Hormones starting to kick in ...?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would take him to a vet, sounds like an infection of some sort.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I know with Blue, before we switched him to a Salmon formula, he would scratch himself raw. One time, making a nipple bleed. Is Baxter scratching himself? He could of scratched it right into an infection.

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

Definitely not a scratch or infection. Just one of his nipples is swelling up bigger than the others and a little red.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Definitely not a scratch or infection. Just one of his nipples is swelling up bigger than the others and a little red.

Any possibility of a picture? The description makes it sound scary!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

Oh its nothing scary.

Its mostly just a sudden size difference. I think its hormones. Is he too young at 4 months for his testosterone to be kicking in?

Reading more, it could be a minor inflammation or infection I suppose.

This raw food is really hard on him so far.

IMAGE_3.jpg

Last edited:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I dunno, don't think it's hormones though. He could of irritated it by rubbing on something. If it doesn't hurt him when you touch it, I'd just keep an eye on it for now.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Looking at the size comparison I don't think it's hormones. He may have a little abscess in there. I think I would get it checked out just to be safe.

WhitleyBulldogs

Oct 31, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nala & Lilo
My baby girl Nala is having an allergic reaction, and her nipples are huge and swollen. Anyone have any ideas why? She's currently at the vet.

IMG_0500.jpeg

Guzman

Nov 27, 2019
Country
Spain/Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Karin and others
My baby girl Nala is having an allergic reaction, and her nipples are huge and swollen. Anyone have any ideas why? She's currently at the vet.

View attachment 117796

My female dog started having a swollen nipple. But it didnt stop growing. We tought it was because she had puppies and the milk got stucked. But we found out it was actually a tumor that grew to the size of a hand. She had a surgery to remove it and now she is fine. Please dont wait untill it gets bigger, just take her to a vet as soon as possible:thumb3::2thumbs::2thumbs:. In our case we waited because we were in another country.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My female dog started having a swollen nipple. But it didnt stop growing. We tought it was because she had puppies and the milk got stucked. But we found out it was actually a tumor that grew to the size of a hand. She had a surgery to remove it and now she is fine. Please dont wait untill it gets bigger, just take her to a vet as soon as possible:thumb3::2thumbs::2thumbs:. In our case we waited because we were in another country.

Great advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.