Mpillers

Feb 13, 2018
Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
Otis has been lethargic the past few days which I have been attributing to allergies. However I noticed swelling under his jaw. If he were human I would say it looked a little like a goiter only higher up, his collar would fit right under it. . It goes the width of the neck, is soft and flexible when palpated. I don't even know if it might be Bulldog fat. We have a vet appointment this afternoon but of course I am very nervous.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I'd be nervous too. Please report back what they find, if anything. Good Luck!!!

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Yes, please keep us updated. I hope it's nothing serious but it sounds very odd.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Otis has been lethargic the past few days which I have been attributing to allergies. However I noticed swelling under his jaw. If he were human I would say it looked a little like a goiter only higher up, his collar would fit right under it. . It goes the width of the neck, is soft and flexible when palpated. I don't even know if it might be Bulldog fat. We have a vet appointment this afternoon but of course I am very nervous.

Any update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

Mpillers

Feb 13, 2018
Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
Update! Had the vet thoroughly examine my boy and she found nothing unusual under the chin. Just "Bulldog jowls" think Churchill....relief! Also got test for ehrliciosis which was neg but of course does not preclude any of the other 20+ tick borne diseases. Since we found this baby 3 years ago covered in ticks.....so we're doing doxy for precautionary sake and he seems better this evening. As he is my first EBD, and I lost my last 3 Dobes to DCM, I think I have EB PTSD...hover mother....thanks for concern. I have to find out how to set up notifications... 20210603_193826~2.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Update! Had the vet thoroughly examine my boy and she found nothing unusual under the chin. Just "Bulldog jowls" think Churchill....relief! Also got test for ehrliciosis which was neg but of course does not preclude any of the other 20+ tick borne diseases. Since we found this baby 3 years ago covered in ticks.....so we're doing doxy for precautionary sake and he seems better this evening. As he is my first EBD, and I lost my last 3 Dobes to DCM, I think I have EB PTSD...hover mother....thanks for concern. I have to find out how to set up notifications...View attachment 121084

great to hear he is doing well… that is a wonderful photo of him on the boat

Members online

No members online now.