Swallowed a plum stone. And it's gone!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Well, my smart boy stole a large plum and ate the whole thing. I am concerned about the stone that we are pretty sure he ate too. I have not experienced anything like this before so what do I need to look out for, apart from the obvious when he goes outside. Arghhh!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I would think that those pits aren’t large enough to cause a blockage in an adult Bulldog. and they’re rather smooth. This based solely on what I’ve seen Bulldogs poop out over nearly 30 years.
I would have an X-ray done just to know where it is. It would be best to have it pass than to go after it.
Keep in mind, however, if he goes into distress it rapidly becomes a medical emergency.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Louie used to eat the appendages and eyeballs, etc. off stuffie toys (which are not allowed in the house anymore) and I would then always be on poop watch. It would usually take a few days, but all the body parts always came out. Unless he is struggling or in distress, you can just keep your eyes on what comes out of him.

One time unbeknownst to me, Louie ate some pieces of fabric and had them inside for over 2 months and then threw them up. He also ate the corner of his blanket and threw that up too.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Louie used to eat the appendages and eyeballs, etc. off stuffie toys (which are not allowed in the house anymore) and I would then always be on poop watch. It would usually take a few days, but all the body parts always came out. Unless he is struggling or in distress, you can just keep your eyes on what comes out of him.

One time unbeknownst to me, Louie ate some pieces of fabric and had them inside for over 2 months and then threw them up. He also ate the corner of his blanket and threw that up too.
Good Lord, that sounds like Willow... always an adventure when I clean up the yard!!!

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
I am on poo patrol but nothing so far. He seems fine. I called his bully vet and he said the same thing, keep an eye on him and his behavior and he should pass it. I am staying home so I can watch him. Any change at all and we will be off to the vet, pronto.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poo patrol! 😂💩💩💩

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Since it has been a few days, I would imagine he is doing fine now. For those who are not sure. Symptoms of a blockage can be loss of appetite, drinking a lot of water and throwing up anything they drink or eat. That is when you need to take them to emergency. It happened with Tyler
(RIP) When he ate half a rubber ball. $$$$ for surgery and he was fine.

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Since it has been a few days, I would imagine he is doing fine now. For those who are not sure. Symptoms of a blockage can be loss of appetite, drinking a lot of water and throwing up anything they drink or eat. That is when you need to take them to emergency. It happened with Tyler
(RIP) When he ate half a rubber ball. $$$$ for surgery and he was fine.
Thanks, he is and has been just fine. Everything is normal. He hasn't passed any stone yet (everything is thoroughly checked, yuck!) so maybe his stomach acids took care of it. I will be calling his vet again tomorrow to check in with him and to see if he needs an X-ray.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Yay!
Now back to normal living.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

God I remember that pieces of fabric you posted.

@1Chumly good news‼️

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
God I remember that pieces of fabric you posted.

@1Chumly good news‼️
I was scrolling through my photos and came across the one with those fabrics and boy, were we lucky he threw those up. That could have gone all wrong.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I was scrolling through my photos and came across the one with those fabrics and boy, were we lucky he threw those up. That could have gone all wrong.
With the size it was, most definitely.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ozzie (owned by a close friend) is staying with us for a few days. We have to pick up everything in our house that could be eaten...no matter what it is. We were visiting him at his home a few years back and when we left I was missing a sock. About 2 months later, he puked it up. How does that sock survive the stomach acid for 2 months? How did Ozzie survive for 2 months?
I remember getting a text with a pic and caption...
"missing something?"
...begs the question,
What pleasure could any Bulldog(any dog, any animal) get from swallowing a dirty sock?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online