Surgical suit

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
Geoffs going in for the Snip on 23rd. Does anyone have any recommendations for protecting the stitches/wound. Due to his bulldog shape I donā€™t believe he could reach around and lick his stitches. Anyone got any advice please

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
They will give you an e-collar, Elizabethan collar. Just make sure it stays on. My dog wimpered until the meds wore off, about half a day. I sat by her and petted her and talked baby to her. Then she was back to normal as if nothing had happened.

ladywebb

Feb 12, 2021
Midwest
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert
Gilbert didn't get a collar when he had his surgery. But, then again, he didn't need it. Gilbert can't bend his body like that :LOL:

OP
D

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
Gilbert didn't get a collar when he had his surgery. But, then again, he didn't need it. Gilbert can't bend his body like that :LOL:
See thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinking also . Geoff has never bent that way so Iā€™m thinking it may be a god send that he is shaped that way

OP
D

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
Also do they remove his balls or is it that they get disconnected and remain there unfunctional

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
No cone needed over here, they usually canā€™t reach the area. Louie bounced right back the day after.

Members online

No members online now.