Mom to Sir Titus

May 9, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Titus Ceaser
My 8 year old bulldog was put on steroids last month. His personality has completely changed. He pees in the house if I donā€™t walk him every two hours. Is aggressive to my other dogs. He wonā€™t stop licking his front paws. My vet says this is normal behavior but I canā€™t keep living like this. Has anyone had this problem? How did you resolve this? Alternatives?

Thank you in advance for reading.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Have you tried Cytopoint injections instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My 8 year old bulldog was put on steroids last month. His personality has completely changed. He pees in the house if I donā€™t walk him every two hours. Is aggressive to my other dogs. He wonā€™t stop licking his front paws. My vet says this is normal behavior but I canā€™t keep living like this. Has anyone had this problem? How did you resolve this? Alternatives?

Thank you in advance for reading.

Hello & WELCOME

Not right on vetā€™s part not suggesting other routes. [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] gave you a better suggestion.

Do you know what the allergies are? Exampleā€¦.Food, environmental or both?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Steroids are OK for short term treatment. Have Vet give you a scrip for Apoquel...or administer a Cytopoint shot. Both are way more expensive than steroids, but they offer effective relief without the side-effects(long and short term) of prednisone.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with the gangā€¦ Cytopoint

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.