Stem Cell Therapy for Treating Arthritis

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Someone in one of my FB groups mentioned stem cell therapy for treating arthritis in our babies.
I've never heard of it so did a quick search on my vet hospitals site and found out my boys surgeon is actually in charge of the program here.

This can be an option for those of us that have older bullies with more severe arthritis. Either way, it's a treatment option and one we should be aware of.

Here's a link to the AMC that offers a brief explanation of how it works. You can always get more information from your vet.

Stem Cell Therapy | Animal Medical Center

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
This is wonderful info - and thanks so much for posting! I've heard great things about this, and have done a good amount of reading on it. The only I hate is that with all things, it requires going under. That stinks; I'm dreadfully terrified and scared from surgeries.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
This is wonderful info - and thanks so much for posting! I've heard great things about this, and have done a good amount of reading on it. The only I hate is that with all things, it requires going under. That stinks; I'm dreadfully terrified and scared from surgeries.

Do you know if it's full out anesthesia or are they sedated?

I'm going to see her in September for Wellie knees re-check and ask her more about it. But she never mentioned it as an option so I think the pup has to have severe arthritis.

- - - Updated - - -

hmm.. I just realized that all my vets are women! Girl Power!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Do you know if it's full out anesthesia or are they sedated?

I'm going to see her in September for Wellie knees re-check and ask her more about it. But she never mentioned it as an option so I think the pup has to have severe arthritis.

- - - Updated - - -

hmm.. I just realized that all my vets are women! Girl Power!!

Haha. 2 of Tyson's vets are women too, and one of those 2 did his "sock" surgery. I'd love to hear what you learn!! Message me. Yes, I think its fully under.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep -- we did this with NItschke.... it is the reason the last 6 months of his life he was like a puppy! We did both hips and his knees :)

It was not an option for Banks as it had not yet been tested for the spine

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Yep -- we did this with NItschke.... it is the reason the last 6 months of his life he was like a puppy! We did both hips and his knees :)

It was not an option for Banks as it had not yet been tested for the spine

That's wonderful!! I'm thrilled to hear this since I'm very worried about Wellie and his knees as he gets older.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.