Spots

rocco24

May 30, 2021
Las Vegas, Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Hi folks! I just noticed all these blemishes on roccos legs and Iā€™m not sure what it could be from. I recently switched him over to Acana Red meat recipe so Iā€™m not sure if that could be it?

Attachments

• 4CB87EBA-1A7C-4FBB-9DED-9121804312A6.jpeg
    4CB87EBA-1A7C-4FBB-9DED-9121804312A6.jpeg
    277.1 KB · Views: 90

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It could possibly be the food, sometimes my bully gets a heat rash like that when the weather turns warmer or if your yard was recently sprayed. I would be mindful of it, and if continues the next day I would conclude it was the food.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
That looks like contact dermatitis. Has he been laying in the grass lately...perhaps fresh cut grass?

OP
rocco24

rocco24

May 30, 2021
Las Vegas, Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
That looks like contact dermatitis. Has he been laying in the grass lately...perhaps fresh cut grass?
Not recently as I did notice he breaks out in a rash on his tummy so I havenā€™t been taking him to parks because of that which I will attached a photo of what that looked like a couple weeks ago. We live in Vegas and it did just start to hit the 90s so it could possibly be the heat?

Attachments

• 0FDC99A9-1344-43A5-8E99-00BE3DD989EB.jpeg
    0FDC99A9-1344-43A5-8E99-00BE3DD989EB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 77

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hi folks! I just noticed all these blemishes on roccos legs and Iā€™m not sure what it could be from. I recently switched him over to Acana Red meat recipe so Iā€™m not sure if that could be it?

Are you meaning , Acana Classic Red?
I ask because he could be sensitive to the oats in it, it has 3 different proteins in it as well as oats. Maybe try a different Acana, like singles which is grain free and 1 protein source then you can rotate thru the different ones of the singles line(pork/squash, then lamb/apple, then duck) and maybe since itā€™s grain free it will help.

My dog is allergic to all grains, which is common in bulldogs.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Not recently as I did notice he breaks out in a rash on his tummy so I havenā€™t been taking him to parks because of that which I will attached a photo of what that looked like a couple weeks ago. We live in Vegas and it did just start to hit the 90s so it could possibly be the heat?

Looks like allergic reaction, maybe environmental if pollen is out or could be food allergies or both food and environmental allergies.

Gronk2011

Oct 31, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gronkowski Hess
Do you have Oak trees, elm or sycamores? Bullies like to lay down with their bellies flat on the grass. If the tree leaves are decomposed they may be causing a reaction to you bullies skin.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I was thinking same thingā€¦ grass or environmental reaction. Wipe his paws, belly and face after being in the grass. Works for my guy and he is allergic to pretty much everything green

Cookie1956

Sep 13, 2020
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
Hi. Have this issue with my 10 yr old French bulldog. Just started up about 6 months ago. Big bumps lil bumps. Vet started her on antibiotics no help. Then the shampoo. Medicated. Kinda helped. Pd 500 for skin scrap Still no diagnosis. Vet wanted to do skin punch hole test for 1000. I unfortunately could not afford it at this time so I just keep using the shampoo and it keeps it in check.

Gronk2011

Oct 31, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gronkowski Hess
Sounds like your vet is on track, I can tell you this my vet suggested this type of natural shampoo, however Gronk was allergic to one of the oils, so that is why I say it is a good Idea to get the Bullies blood tested and the possible alergies.

Most Reactions