soooooooooo confused

pauline

Dec 30, 2017
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Hobson
Hi everyone

Hobson is 13 weeks old now. When he came to me he was 9 and half weeks and eating RC bulldog puppy with toppers (schicken and scrambled egg, I didnt hear very good things about RC so decided to try him on something different i started transitioning him onto Pure duck delight a dehydrated food that I thought was the next best thing to raw only to realise that i should have been using Pure freeze dried which in fact is the next best to raw. So i ordered some freeze dried and it came today. However today while I was at the vets getting Hobson's kennel cough vaccine I asked about raw and she said that she wouldn't recommend 'raw. To say that i'm confused is an understatement. Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you xxx

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi everyone

Hobson is 13 weeks old now. When he came to me he was 9 and half weeks and eating RC bulldog puppy with toppers (schicken and scrambled egg, I didnt hear very good things about RC so decided to try him on something different i started transitioning him onto Pure duck delight a dehydrated food that I thought was the next best thing to raw only to realise that i should have been using Pure freeze dried which in fact is the next best to raw. So i ordered some freeze dried and it came today. However today while I was at the vets getting Hobson's kennel cough vaccine I asked about raw and she said that she wouldn't recommend 'raw. To say that i'm confused is an understatement. Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you xxx

Your vets is using you as her money bag! RC is the worst food you can feed any dog not just EB the they get a commission on each bag they sell. And why are you giving a kennel cough shot to a 13week old pup??? Kennel cough is if your dog goes in dog parks with other strange dogs or a daycare/kennel that wants to see if your dog had his shots. A lot of vets are against KCS cause itā€™s a proven fact like my vet said once to me, doesnā€™t even cover 75% :w00t: Start your dog on frozen raw and you wonā€™t have any issues. Start with ONE protein at a time cause itā€™s the best way to find out if your dog has allergies to a specific meat. Very rare if feeding raw they have any allergies.

OP
pauline

pauline

Dec 30, 2017
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Hobson
Thank you so much for your advice xxx

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you so much for your advice xxx

Very welcome. And btw you guys in UK have fantastic butchers. Go do some knocking on their doors and as if the can get you frozen green tripe the REAL tripe thats not bleached (white). Best probiotic your little furball can eat.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Most vets donā€™t study nutrition or bother learning enough about it. Look up Planet Paws (Rodney Habib) and also look up Dr. Karen Becker. There will be lots of valuable information on their websites about raw that you can read about.

Frozen raw is best but freeze dried and dehydrated next. If you do kibble, there are certain brands you must stay away from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Gang has you covered!!! Stay the course!

OP
pauline

pauline

Dec 30, 2017
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Hobson
Thank you all so much for your advice very much appreciated. I am definitely going to go the raw way xxx

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you all so much for your advice very much appreciated. I am definitely going to go the raw way xxx

Good job! Remember goes by weight of dog so itā€™s going to seem not a lot but it is. Seek your butchers as a lot are doing raw for dogs now as itā€™s growing.... and much less expensive than pet shops. Read the link below as it will guide you on what you need n why...

Raw Feeding Made Easy: How To Make A Raw Dog Food Diet

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Good job! Remember goes by weight of dog so itā€™s going to seem not a lot but it is. Seek your butchers as a lot are doing raw for dogs now as itā€™s growing.... and much less expensive than pet shops. Read the link below as it will guide you on what you need n why...

Raw Feeding Made Easy: How To Make A Raw Dog Food Diet

oh boy is this a GREAT read! I've been reading stuff (raw feeding stuff) for quite a few years now. Tried like heck to get my shih tzu girls on it but nope. The stuff in this is great as well as the 'extras' like "why they dont feed chicken (and it's ok folks, they go on to say how you can do it sensibly) and it really clearfys some stuff. Glad that turkey is good, and going to try someore beef as he was sooooooooooooo stinky on the one i tried :( Also is encouraging so my next adventure is ...... back to doing 1/2 prepared frozen, and 1/2 home made frozen... may or may not cut the bill, but i like the idea of having both.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
oh boy is this a GREAT read! I've been reading stuff (raw feeding stuff) for quite a few years now. Tried like heck to get my shih tzu girls on it but nope. The stuff in this is great as well as the 'extras' like "why they dont feed chicken (and it's ok folks, they go on to say how you can do it sensibly) and it really clearfys some stuff. Glad that turkey is good, and going to try someore beef as he was sooooooooooooo stinky on the one i tried :( Also is encouraging so my next adventure is ...... back to doing 1/2 prepared frozen, and 1/2 home made frozen... may or may not cut the bill, but i like the idea of having both.

:bravo:

I have a big full bucket filled of grassland acana. Going to take forever getting rid of it as they both eat way more raw than kibbles. Might end up donating it to the spca. I did that with chicken which I decided not to give to my 2 bozos and brought it to the spca. Got the stink eye cause wasnā€™t in itā€™s original bag!!! Man did I give her my stink eye and was ready to put her in her place. Lol...

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
:bravo:

I have a big full bucket filled of grassland acana. Going to take forever getting rid of it as they both eat way more raw than kibbles. Might end up donating it to the spca. I did that with chicken which I decided not to give to my 2 bozos and brought it to the spca. Got the stink eye cause wasnā€™t in itā€™s original bag!!! Man did I give her my stink eye and was ready to put her in her place. Lol...

hahaha, you give that stink eye!! these guys of us have taught us well lolol And, i do have some grasslands as well as some duck acana as well, and give a meal every third meal and he still loves it and i kind of feel i want his gut to take what ever, so will see if i drop it all together as well :)

OP
pauline

pauline

Dec 30, 2017
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Hobson
Just a quick update. Someone on here recommended Pure, freeze dried raw which I have put my puppy on from RC and he loves it. His coat is glossy, his nose isn't dry anymore and its easy for me as I don't have enough freezer space for frozen raw. I wanted to thank the person for the recommendation but I cant find the post, hopefully they will see this. Thanks again.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just a quick update. Someone on here recommended Pure, freeze dried raw which I have put my puppy on from RC and he loves it. His coat is glossy, his nose isn't dry anymore and its easy for me as I don't have enough freezer space for frozen raw. I wanted to thank the person for the recommendation but I cant find the post, hopefully they will see this. Thanks again.

Awesome! it was @Dollys Owner that gave you the info

OP
pauline

pauline

Dec 30, 2017
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Hobson
oh thank you, fantastic i will message Dollys owner xxx

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts