Paulita89

Aug 17, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Greco
Good Afternoon I am new to this site and this is the first time I post. I have a 6 month old english bulldog he has been on Taste of the wild since I got him at 9 weeks he seems to like it. My concern is this morning he barked around 6 I went over to where he sleeps to find a kennel full of diarrhea. He has not pooped in his kennel since he was about 12 weeks. Yesterday I gave him some carrots in tiny pieces as treats not sure if that is the cause of his diarrhea but he goes out to poop and then red/ pinkish blood runs down his back side. he is acting and eating normal otherwise.
what can I do? would some pepto bismol help?
sorry I cant even focus on typing im so scared for my baby would truly appreciate any help

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
He could have ripped his rectum a little with the diarrhea causing a little bleeding.
But to be honest, I would take him to the vet. The carrots should not have caused this type of reaction.
And no, I wouldn't give any Pepto.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agree --- carrots would not have done that and n pepto ..... take a poo sample to the vet and have him checked as well...

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Good Afternoon I am new to this site and this is the first time I post. I have a 6 month old english bulldog he has been on Taste of the wild since I got him at 9 weeks he seems to like it. My concern is this morning he barked around 6 I went over to where he sleeps to find a kennel full of diarrhea. He has not pooped in his kennel since he was about 12 weeks. Yesterday I gave him some carrots in tiny pieces as treats not sure if that is the cause of his diarrhea but he goes out to poop and then red/ pinkish blood runs down his back side. he is acting and eating normal otherwise.
what can I do? would some pepto bismol help?
sorry I cant even focus on typing im so scared for my baby would truly appreciate any help

hi, I agree with others comments, carrots are a healthy snack or treat for dogs, and would not cause diarrhea, but there are many other causes of diarrhea in puppies, such as ingestion of a foreign object, ( could he have swallowed something, you don't know about?, a toy, socks, etc?), he could have a virus or picked up a parasite, it could be from food sensitivity or allergy. There are so many things that can cause diarrhea in a puppy, I would take a poop sample and bring him to the vet to have him check him out. He can tell if he has any parasites, or if he has swallowed something. I hope Greco is okay and it's nothing serious. Please keep us posted.

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
i am not much help but do agree with others.. i would call vet also maybe do bland diet until you can see whats going on with him.. i know i am really careful with what i give my dogs because the seems no matter what i give them if they are use to it they get diarrhea but never had this problem with carrots.. i hope you can get him some help soon and it gets better soon.:pray: good luck and welcome aboard,,,

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Welcome to EBN [MENTION=14697]Paulita89[/MENTION] !!! I hope Greco feels better soon, please let us know how you make out! Murray has had bouts of diarrhea too but none with bleeding, he swallowed a chicken wing bone but after a week of the bland diet he was back to his usual self

LeleNY

Dec 1, 2015
NY
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
Big (Notorious B.I.G.)
Hi, [MENTION=14697]Paulita89[/MENTION]! I'm also new to the site, but when we had this problem (diarrhea, no blood) with my then 12-week old puppy last month, we did what others already suggested:
For 24 hours, we fed him only broiled chicken (no salt, no nothing, just chicken brest broiled) and rice (again, so salt, nothing). Lots of water to keep him hydrated.
Then he was better and we went back to the kibble, but we also had his stool checked at the vet. We were lucky cause all the results came negative.
By the way, after the diarrhea stopped, it took longer for Big to poop, but that was solved within 1 day =)
Good luck and keep us posted!

OP
Paulita89

Paulita89

Aug 17, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Greco
Thank you for all the advice and responses. I took him in they tested his poop and came back negative.. Thank God. Vet says he probably ate something out in the yard he wasnt suppose to. They sent him home with medication for the diarrhea and a couple cans of w/d. He's back to himself although still has diarrhea.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you for all the advice and responses. I took him in they tested his poop and came back negative.. Thank God. Vet says he probably ate something out in the yard he wasnt suppose to. They sent him home with medication for the diarrhea and a couple cans of w/d. He's back to himself although still has diarrhea.

If the diarrhea continues on that food.. Take him back and asked if they checked for giardia--- sometimes vets do not test for that unless you ask them too

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
We had the same problem. Dr Ralphie recommends the following. Fromm Puppy Food in the Pink bag. No carrots, no treats only the puppy food. Your problem will go away.

OP
Paulita89

Paulita89

Aug 17, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Greco
Good Morning - looks like Grecos tummy is feeling better we are back to normal poop. :yes: we did bland diet for couple days no treats.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.