Should I keep my dog ? 😭

cam20026

Feb 22, 2023
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pancho
I recently had to rehome my dog who is 7 years old and I have had him since he was a puppy. The main reason is because he bit me pretty good, busted knuckles, bent finger and made me bleed. I gave him a shower and was trying to put his leash on to dry him but he snapped. I don’t trust him around my 2 year old anymore. I am afraid he is going to react and lose his patience one day and snap at her. He has never been aggressive before until now. I don’t know if I’m able to deal with the anxiety of something going terribly wrong. He is with a foster family now and he has been very well taken care of. They have been excellent and have assured me that if I change my mind I can go get him. I don’t know what to do 😭😭😭😭😭😭. I miss him so much

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hello, sorry to hear this. I am a total dog lover-but I must say that your first obligation is to your two year old. Your dog bit you - If you can not trust him around your child, you will never be at peace. Your child must come first,and if the dog has a good home,you need to let him stay there. You can't live your life in fear that he will attack your child. I do understand how hard it is for you-child comes first.

OP
C

cam20026

Feb 22, 2023
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pancho
Hello, sorry to hear this. I am a total dog lover-but I must say that your first obligation is to your two year old. Your dog bit you - If you can not trust him around your child, you will never be at peace. Your child must come first,and if the dog has a good home,you need to let him stay there. You can't live your life in fear that he will attack your child. I do understand how hard it is for you-child comes first.
This is exactly what I keep telling myself. Can I really live with that anxiety of something going terribly wrong ? Also, my second baby will be here in 3 weeks. It will be even harder to keep eyes on my toddler at all times.

OP
C

cam20026

Feb 22, 2023
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pancho
@cam20026 I know how hard it is for you, but your babies have to come first. You know that you will not be able to handle two babies and worrying about dog.
Yes that’s what I keep telling myself. I will never be at peace. I even started being scared of him, last two showers I gave him I had fear of him biting me. I know what I need to do, but my heart just can’t let go. He is my boy and has been with me for 7 years 😭😭💔💔💔

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
If you are nervous and anxious, dogs can pick up on that so you’ve made the right decision. One thing to note, if he gets snappy or irritable at his new home, I suggest having his thyroid checked.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agreed... as heart wrenching of a decision as it is... this was the right one given the information you have told us. Your fear will place him in a state of protection mode and he would be looking to protect when he feels there is a threat. The babies come first .

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.