She’s a swimmer

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Since Nyala n Jake can’t swim at least Sadie will go get them if they try. Both love the water but sinks. And yes both have vests.
1655770850863.jpeg
1655770921926.jpeg
1655770883477.jpeg

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Uh...I coulda told ya that before she went in. You go girl!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Uh...I coulda told ya that before she went in. You go girl!
I know that 👍

My previous GS before I got Nyala was a hell of a swimmer. He use to dive under. I would like wait n look n next thing you know he’s at the other end somewhere. They’re indeed great swimmers.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
This makes me miss my German Shepherd. She never got a chance to go to the water but I'm fairly certain she would be a swimmer too.

I named her Megabyte. These kids would tease her through the fence which makes her bark like crazy so I would call her back, "Byte!", the kids would think I'm ordering her to bite so they'd run like bats out of hell. My Megabyte was bigger than those Filipino kids!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
This makes me miss my German Shepherd. She never got a chance to go to the water but I'm fairly certain she would be a swimmer too.

I named her Megabyte. These kids would tease her through the fence which makes her bark like crazy so I would call her back, "Byte!", the kids would think I'm ordering her to bite so they'd run like bats out of hell. My Megabyte was bigger than those Filipino kids!
This is not a breed you toy around with. Kids teasing this type so breed should never happen.

This one she sees my son’s dogs. She gets along with all 5 but my son’s German Shepherd. She barks n whines from the minUte she sees him till he leaves. Hates her own kind 🤷🏼‍♀️ She’ll be 9 months old on the first and already standing her guard. Just trying to break her barking habit. The breeder said she was the barker of the litter.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
This is not a breed you toy around with. Kids teasing this type so breed should never happen.

This one she sees my son’s dogs. She gets along with all 5 but my son’s German Shepherd. She barks n whines from the minUte she sees him till he leaves. Hates her own kind 🤷🏼‍♀️ She’ll be 9 months old on the first and already standing her guard. Just trying to break her barking habit. The breeder said she was the barker of the litter.

We had a doberman before the GS and neighborhood kids would tease him through the fence too. He was not a barker but he would stand by the fence all tensed up and growl with full teeth until we call him back. The full teeth display is why the kids tease him - silly kids! The doberman was very attached to us and would follow commands without needing to be repeated. But, I still feared if he ever gets out of the fence I have a feeling he had it in for those kids and would eat one for dinner.
Megabyte was a lot more playful than the doberman but yeah, if she gets out of the fence, I think she'll lunge at those kids too.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
We had a doberman before the GS and neighborhood kids would tease him through the fence too. He was not a barker but he would stand by the fence all tensed up and growl with full teeth until we call him back. The full teeth display is why the kids tease him - silly kids! The doberman was very attached to us and would follow commands without needing to be repeated. But, I still feared if he ever gets out of the fence I have a feeling he had it in for those kids and would eat one for dinner.
Megabyte was a lot more playful than the doberman but yeah, if she gets out of the fence, I think she'll lunge at those kids too.
I too had dobbies. They’re da best. They observe before making any move. Not like a GS that will go. That’s why with GS you always need to triple check.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Beautiful! Is that lake on your property?

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Beautiful! Is that lake on your property?
Yes but it’s a closeup. It’s like a marsh. I have one on my land not too big but there’s much much bigger ones around mine. They all interconnected especially when it rains. I gets geese in the spring, then they leave then ducks come in along with cranes etc. It doesnt affect my acreage as it’s the neighbor that has the most. I got the tail as we say. It’s completely at the end n bottom of the hill n Sadie if she gets a chance she’ll run down the hill n jump in it. Right now we put the cows on that side so I’m trying to train her not to touch the young cows. Theyre our family freezer meat loll.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online