Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
HI Everyone, Thank You all for your kind words, and prayers for me and my Family and for Bulldozer. I know that you all feel the same love for your Bully Babies as I do, and know that you all understand what I am feeling. The bully breed is the cutest, most loyal, funniest, and fun, and the best cuddlers of any other breed. As much as today was the hardest and the most painful and heartbreaking thing I've ever had to do, I know it was Dozer's Time, and I couldn't let him suffer anymore. He's in a better place,and he's free of pain, but I miss him so much already. I said goodbye to my baby today, my pal, and my cuddle buddy, he passed very quickly, and the staff were very compassionate and cried with me. They let me spend time with him alone in a room, he was on a fluffy blanket, they put the IV in with some sleepy medicine, so he would relax and not be afraid. They let me stay with him where I could hold him, pet him, love on him, and let him know that I was there with him. He laid his Head on my arm, and I talked to him, and prayed for him. When I was ready, the Vet came in and gave him the medication in his IV line, and he was gone in a second, he passed right away, as he was so weak. Then they let me stay with him again for as long as I wanted. I wrapped him in the blanket, and just held his head. I can't believe he didn't come back home with me. I'm heartbroken, but I know it will get better with time.
RIP my Buddy, fly high, and run free on the Bridge, you were the best buddy, and we will miss you very much, you definitely took a piece of my heart with you today, I hope you knew that I was there with you, I hope you heard me, and that you felt my love, and know how much I loved you. Bye my Sweet Dozer, Mommy loves you so Much.

We we are having Dozer cremated, and will be getting his ashes back in a week to 10 days, they gave us a little vial of his fur, and they are going to take a paw print for us. Thanks again everyone for listening, and for your love and prayers.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 95

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I’m in tears. This is so hard to read. Dozer is pain free now. Even though he’s gone, he’ll always be right by your side. Cherish the memories as you had 10 beautiful yrs with him. Stay strong Monica, Blossom needs you.

R.I.P. Dozer

8896DD82-99F6-4BEF-B948-DF2FAB2403BA.jpeg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
HI Everyone, Thank You all for your kind words, and prayers for me and my Family and for Bulldozer. I know that you all feel the same love for your Bully Babies as I do, and know that you all understand what I am feeling. The bully breed is the cutest, most loyal, funniest, and fun, and the best cuddlers of any other breed. As much as today was the hardest and the most painful and heartbreaking thing I've ever had to do, I know it was Dozer's Time, and I couldn't let him suffer anymore. He's in a better place,and he's free of pain, but I miss him so much already. I said goodbye to my baby today, my pal, and my cuddle buddy, he passed very quickly, and the staff were very compassionate and cried with me. They let me spend time with him alone in a room, he was on a fluffy blanket, they put the IV in with some sleepy medicine, so he would relax and not be afraid. They let me stay with him where I could hold him, pet him, love on him, and let him know that I was there with him. He laid his Head on my arm, and I talked to him, and prayed for him. When I was ready, the Vet came in and gave him the medication in his IV line, and he was gone in a second, he passed right away, as he was so weak. Then they let me stay with him again for as long as I wanted. I wrapped him in the blanket, and just held his head. I can't believe he didn't come back home with me. I'm heartbroken, but I know it will get better with time.
RIP my Buddy, fly high, and run free on the Bridge, you were the best buddy, and we will miss you very much, you definitely took a piece of my heart with you today, I hope you knew that I was there with you, I hope you heard me, and that you felt my love, and know how much I loved you. Bye my Sweet Dozer, Mommy loves you so Much.

We we are having Dozer cremated, and will be getting his ashes back in a week to 10 days, they gave us a little vial of his fur, and they are going to take a paw print for us. Thanks again everyone for listening, and for your love and prayers.

Big hugs, love and prayers. I’m crying with you. However, very pleased to read you were with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] WEEPING FOR YOU!!! Tears rolling down my face as I read your post from yesterday. My heart aches for you ! BUT I ADMIRE your courage and love for Dozer. Your EBD family is mourning with you friend. We are ALL HERE FOR YOU!

With respect and caring,

Sue and Joey

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] Thanks for sharing and good to know Dozer and you were so well taken care of at the vet's. We all think of you and of your pups.

I believe bulldog heaven is a place of bliss - how could it not be.

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
My dear family,

I see that you are crying, for it is my moment to leave. Don't cry, please. I want to explain some things to you.
You're sad because I left, but I'm glad I met you.
How many dogs like me die daily without meeting someone special like you?

I know it saddens you my departure, but I had to go now.
I want to ask you not to blame yourself for anything. I heard you sobbing that you should have done something else for me. Don't say that, you've done a lot for me! Without you I would have known nothing of the beauty I carry with me today.
You must know that we animals live the present intensely and we are very wise: we enjoy every little thing every day, and forget the bad past quickly. Our lives begin when we know love, the same love you gave me, my angel without wings and two legs.

Know that even if you find an animal that is seriously injured, and that you only have a little bit of time in this world, you provide a huge service by accompanying you in your final transition.

None of us likes to be alone, except when we realize it's time to leave.

Maybe for you it's not so important that one of you is next to us caressing us and holding our paw, helps us go in peace.
No more crying, please. I'll be happy. I have in memory the name you gave me, the warmth of your house that in this time became mine. I take the sound of your voice talking to me, even though I don't always understand what you were saying to me.
I carry in my heart every caress you gave me.

Everything you did was very valuable to me and I thank you endlessly, I don't know how to tell you, because I don't speak your language, but surely in my eyes you could see my gratitude.

I'm just gonna ask for two favors. Wash your face and start smiling.

Remember how good we live together these moments, remember the antics I made to cheer you up.
Relive like me all the good we share in this time.
And do not say you will not adopt another animal, because you have suffered a lot from my departure. Without you I would not live the beauties I lived.

Please don't do this! There are many like me waiting for someone like you.

Give them what you gave me, please, they need it just like I needed you.

Don't keep the love you have to give, for fear of suffering.
Follow my advice, cherish the good you share with each of us, recognizing that you are an angel to us animals, and that without people like you our life would be harder than sometimes it is.
Follow your noble task, now it's up to me to be your angel.
I will accompany you in your path and help you help others like me.

I will talk to other animals who are here with me, I will tell you everything you have done for me and I will point and say proudly: "that's my family".

Tonight, when you look at the sky and see a blinking star I want you to know that it's me flashing an eye; warning you that I arrived well and telling you "thank you for the love you gave me".
I say goodbye now not saying " goodbye ", but " see you later ".
There is a special sky for people like you, the sky where we go and life reward us by making us meet there.
I'll be waiting for you.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Monica,

Your post brought me to tears... I'm glad that you were able to spend time w/him. I know how hard this is, but you gave him a beautiful life... and that is all that any dog wants in this world to be loved & cared for. Many hugs and prayers to you :angelheart:

kyredneck

Mar 20, 2021
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Levi
So sorry for your loss. I am new here but have lost 2 of my own Bully’s over the years and it is such a hard thing to go through as I sit here with tears in my eyes for you and family,, I know the pain you are feeling. My family will say a prayer for you and BullDozer

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
I am so sorry , losing a baby is very difficult . No words can describe the hurt and pain. I am sending my deepest condolences and hugs. He's a handsome boy , who was loved and a great companion. Run free sweetie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks again everyone for all the kind words, prayers and love you sent me for Dozer. It's been a week today, and it's weird not having two dogs to walk and feed in the morning. Blossom seems okay, she's loving the extra love and attention she's getting. What's weird is the cat Meeko, who never really paid any attention to the dogs, she just waited for them to finish eating, and then she would run to their bowls to lick out the bowl, and see if she could find a kibble that may have been left behind. She is now sleeping where Dozer used to sleep. It's still sad and painful not to have my cuddle buddy here, I miss him so much. They say time heals, but I will forever miss him, but at the same time I'm glad he's not sick or suffering anymore. I will be picking up his ashes in a few days when the vet calls us, and I will bring him home. Thanks again everyone.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks again everyone for all the kind words, prayers and love you sent me for Dozer. It's been a week today, and it's weird not having two dogs to walk and feed in the morning. Blossom seems okay, she's loving the extra love and attention she's getting. What's weird is the cat Meeko, who never really paid any attention to the dogs, she just waited for them to finish eating, and then she would run to their bowls to lick out the bowl, and see if she could find a kibble that may have been left behind. She is now sleeping where Dozer used to sleep. It's still sad and painful not to have my cuddle buddy here, I miss him so much. They say time heals, but I will forever miss him, but at the same time I'm glad he's not sick or suffering anymore. I will be picking up his ashes in a few days when the vet calls us, and I will bring him home. Thanks again everyone.

He will forever be with you..... that is interesting about Meeko, happy to hear Blossom is doing well, I always worry about the bonded pairs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JessicaK11

Mar 3, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Hi Everyone, I have some really sad news to tell you guys, our Family is going to say goodbye to my Cuddle Buddy Bulldozer on Tuesday. I am beyond sad and heart broken, and have been crying for days. My Bulldozer, my Dozer, my Dozey, he's such a Lovebug, he looks at me with those big brown eyes, and I can't imagine not having him around. I don't know how I'm going to say goodbye, or if I can, but know that I have to be unselfish and let him go, so he doesn't suffer anymore. I just have him a bath, and a nice massage, he's lost so much weight, and I can feel his bones, he can hardly walk anymore, and we had to carry him out for a pee, and carry him to the tub. I think he liked his bath, he seemed to enjoy it, and now he's lying beside me, and probably wondering why Mommy is crying.
I joined this forum when I brought my two guys home, and Bulldozer and Blossom have been a big part of EBN, I shared a lot about them, but I also learned a lot of awesome information on here. Blossom is still healthy and strong, and I know she knows that her brother is sick, I know she is really going to miss him too, and she's going to be lost without him. I am gutted and can't stop crying, I know other members have gone through this with their beloved Furbabies, and it's really hard, I just hope I can be strong for him on Tuesday. I know that I will stay with him and comfort him, but it will be the hardest thing I'll ever have to do.

I am so so sorry. Couldn't even imagine going through that. Hugs and Prayers to your family.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thank You Jessica. It is hard and sad that he's gone, but I have comfort in knowing he's not suffering anymore. We miss him though.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Just came EBN for a little check in and i see this and sharing tears with you. Hurts knowing that you you have had to go through this, and knowing that it is in some way, something we all have to one day have this loss. Im glad you could share your heart with all these loving people who are here and understand. Prayers for continued healing, and hugs i wish i could really give. Much love, jill and Hank

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.