Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Everyone, I have some really sad news to tell you guys, our Family is going to say goodbye to my Cuddle Buddy Bulldozer on Tuesday. I am beyond sad and heart broken, and have been crying for days. My Bulldozer, my Dozer, my Dozey, he's such a Lovebug, he looks at me with those big brown eyes, and I can't imagine not having him around. I don't know how I'm going to say goodbye, or if I can, but know that I have to be unselfish and let him go, so he doesn't suffer anymore. I just have him a bath, and a nice massage, he's lost so much weight, and I can feel his bones, he can hardly walk anymore, and we had to carry him out for a pee, and carry him to the tub. I think he liked his bath, he seemed to enjoy it, and now he's lying beside me, and probably wondering why Mommy is crying.
I joined this forum when I brought my two guys home, and Bulldozer and Blossom have been a big part of EBN, I shared a lot about them, but I also learned a lot of awesome information on here. Blossom is still healthy and strong, and I know she knows that her brother is sick, I know she is really going to miss him too, and she's going to be lost without him. I am gutted and can't stop crying, I know other members have gone through this with their beloved Furbabies, and it's really hard, I just hope I can be strong for him on Tuesday. I know that I will stay with him and comfort him, but it will be the hardest thing I'll ever have to do.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    440.6 KB · Views: 180
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    294.4 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 194
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    407.5 KB · Views: 179
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    757.7 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    419.6 KB · Views: 209
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 188
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 191

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
So sorry you are having to go through this and to of made such an incredibly hard decision but as terrible as it is you are doing it all through sheer love for Dozer.

I know it is no conciliation at this time to hear that you have done all you can but you have, and he has also had a fantastic loving life with you and your family but eventually those thoughts will help you heal.

I unfortunately do know this through experience of losing my best buddy Dudley recently.

I can tell you with certainty that it does get easier and you will smile when you think of Dozer just make sure Blossom gets even more love than before and you will help each other get through this terrible time.

Wesley sends cuddles for your whole family.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
So sorry to hear this. We are thinking of you and praying for you and Bulldozer. Thanks for sharing all those lovely photos and please give both bulldogs a big hug from Castor.

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
Keeping you and your bully babys in our prayers this week. Sorry to hear this sad news.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OH NO... Monica, I'm so very sorry and heartbroken for you & the family. Bulldozer is like one of my own... I have known you guys from the beginning here at EBN.

I will be sending lots of hugs and prayers your way... Bulldozer is a very much loved part of our EBN family!!! ((HUGS)) :angelheart:

ladywebb

Feb 12, 2021
Midwest
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert
This brings tears to my eyes. I am so sorry you have to go thru this..it is definitely not an easy decision.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Shedding tears for you Monica! I am shocked and saddened by this news about Bulldozer!! The absolute most difficult thing to do and yet the most LOVING AND UNSELFISH thing to do for your boy.

I pray that somehow you are comforted with all of the tender, loving memories. I know this will be impossible but hopefully some day.

Keeping you in my prayers and we are all here for you!!!!!

Sue and Joey

Mechadogzilla

Nov 15, 2020
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo(English Bulldog) and Hans(Rottweiler)
I am so sorry for your loss. You will have the good memories of time with Bulldozer to keep with you always.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] Dear Monica, I am so sorry to hear this. I know how much you love your babies, as all here know,too. Many of us have been where you are, and can feel your pain,though there is nothing to say or do to ease it. We CAN pray for you and Blossom . Though you won't know it now, but in time the pain will ease and you will be able to smile at the memories. We all know that you will comfort Blossom, as she will also comfort you. Love,Manydogs

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So very sorry Monica... those babies are your heart! Sending lots of love and prayers to you all. Big hugs

Keep close watch on Blossum, she will miss her partner and they go into depression too.

Rest well sweet Dozer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My heart is in my throat. God I’m so so sorry to hear about Bulldozer. We all know you take such good care of your babies. It will be hard on Blossom but she’ll have you to comfort her. Nyala wouldn’t eat or move when Duke passed. She laid at the door where Duke last exited. Took a good week. Very hard to go through but you all will. Day by day.

Big hugs. :assurred::angelheart:

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
We have lost 3 bulldogs over the years. We really enjoy talking about all the funny things they did and how happy they were. Keep the happy memories going. They are super funny and entertaining dogs and the good memories can last forever.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am so sorry to hear this. It is a heartbreaking time but he knows you love him and will be with him always.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
This, the hardest thing you’ll ever do, shows just how much you loved Bulldozer, and how unselfish you are.
The healing will come slowly, but it will come.
RIP Bulldozer.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online