Sad news that I have had to Return Sophie too our breeder .

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Saturday I did the long drive back to our breeder with Sophie .
Sophie was the only survivor of her litter even survived her Mother that day , after having her now two months there were many issues with her some health wise but mostly Temperament issues that cause many issues with my other dogs in the pack .
When I got Sophie we knew there might be some issues health wise but it did not worry me that much , her temperament was ok at the start but continued to ratchet up in excitement at first then she became more and more aggressive towards humans and all the other dogs here and the pack was getting to a point where they were going to deal with her if I did not .
I had the vet involved and breeder from the start , this is the first dog ever that has defeated Me ever . Most of you know me and my pack most are saves and I have had them all my life various breeds all shapes and sizes , missing parts and other bits but this one I could not work with .
I still have Megan she is growing to be a right proper young bulldog , it,s funny when I got back home there was total quiet in the house ( well after the dogs gave there hello,s it was quiet ) the change in all the dogs was immense and very very much back to normal , like black and white , so it was the correct decision to return Sophie to the breeder .
I am back on the waiting list for another Bully pup no idea at this stage when there is a next litter coming , no rush .

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Bless your heart for knowing to do the right thing..i have no doubts in your tough heartfelt decission. Peace be with you all.. hugs :)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Oh, that is too bad but you had to make the decision that was right for you and your pack.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
You did the right thing. Some dogs are not a good fit regardless of the effort to make things stable. If they are changing the family dynamic in a negative way then they are better off in a different environment.
Am I to understand that Sophie was the lone survivor at birth?...Mom passed to?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Oh [MENTION=8958]natski282[/MENTION] I am very confident that you tried every which way you could to make it work. I know you have had many dogs and have done very well with them! We all know you well enough by now to know that you did not give up easily,and we totally understand that for the sake of the pack(and all) it had to happen.:buddies::hug:

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Yep agreed , I did My best and yesterday and today proved I was correct in My actions , the difference in the bunch around here is like black and white truly .
I am stubborn and hate to give up and I miss her already , but I also know that she will end up in a one dog home and make those people so very happy and she will never end up in a shelter Me and My breeder would not stand for that , it is also part of a contract we all sign when getting the dog it must be returned to the breeder and she will replace the animal .
Meg is perfect with a large group of dogs Sophie was stressed beyond belief by it all was a good decision for My bunch and Sophie also .

Thanks Guys appreciated

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
You did the right thing. Some dogs are not a good fit regardless of the effort to make things stable. If they are changing the family dynamic in a negative way then they are better off in a different environment.
Am I to understand that Sophie was the lone survivor at birth?...Mom passed to?

Yes four pups were lost and the bitch also , Sophie was it .

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So sorry you had to do so, but you made the best decision for her and your pack. (Hugs))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Yes four pups were lost and the bitch also , Sophie was it .
Not having Mom around to correct and socialize her in her first weeks is probably the main cause for her not adapting to family life. There was likely nothing that could have been done to change the outcome. Sophie will likely end up in a one dog home and have to be "managed" for her lifetime. Very sad situation.
This would have only gotten worse with time. You did the right thing, indeed.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
When you have a whole pack on the edge and waiting for you to do your thing before they do, 1.....your pack are very well behaved and well raised and 2....well you got the answer from your own pack on what to do and you've "done" the right decision. It is what it is and life goes on.

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Saturday I did the long drive back to our breeder with Sophie .
Sophie was the only survivor of her litter even survived her Mother that day , after having her now two months there were many issues with her some health wise but mostly Temperament issues that cause many issues with my other dogs in the pack .
When I got Sophie we knew there might be some issues health wise but it did not worry me that much , her temperament was ok at the start but continued to ratchet up in excitement at first then she became more and more aggressive towards humans and all the other dogs here and the pack was getting to a point where they were going to deal with her if I did not .
I had the vet involved and breeder from the start , this is the first dog ever that has defeated Me ever . Most of you know me and my pack most are saves and I have had them all my life various breeds all shapes and sizes , missing parts and other bits but this one I could not work with .
I still have Megan she is growing to be a right proper young bulldog , it,s funny when I got back home there was total quiet in the house ( well after the dogs gave there hello,s it was quiet ) the change in all the dogs was immense and very very much back to normal , like black and white , so it was the correct decision to return Sophie to the breeder .
I am back on the waiting list for another Bully pup no idea at this stage when there is a next litter coming , no rush .

Sorry you have to deal with this pain, but you did do the right thing for all involved. Thinking of you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Nat....I send you love & prayers for all.

Good on you for doing the right thing,
not easy tho, being the pack leader comes
with hard decisions to make for the good of
all.

Praying for the right home & loving owner
for Sophie.

May God favor, protect, bless & strengthen
all of us...Amen!

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Thanks everyone appreciated , the change around here is amazing with them all , Meg is excelling in now being able to make contact with Me and has turned on the learning switch , it is truly something to see

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thanks everyone appreciated , the change around here is amazing with them all , Meg is excelling in now being able to make contact with Me and has turned on the learning switch , it is truly something to see

just think, it could have been a life long issue that all would have had to bear... somehow, even I feel the relief from here :) Really! And you have also freed up that little girl to find her rightful place in life as well.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.