Rook's First Road Trip!

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
We took a long weekend, and headed to Toronto to spend time with family. Everyone was excited to meet Rook, so of course he came too!
Rook had only taken about five or six short car rides prior to our trip, but as soon as we pulled up with the rental car he couldn't get in fast enough.

RT2.jpg
Hitting the road (lucky me to be stuck in the car with these two nuts.)

RT3.jpg
Stretching our legs at a rest stop.

We arrived in Toronto 7 hours later, and Rook quickly befriended Adam's cousin Nicholas. Who knew that an 11 year old boy and an 11 month old puppy have the exact same energy level?!? Needless to say, they were inseparable and got each other into lots of trouble. It was great to see how gentle Rook is with kids since we didn't have many opportunities to socialize him with children when he was a puppy. He did great with Nicholas and all of the other kids he met in the neighborhood, sitting patiently so that he could get lots of attention from his new friends. It didn't take long before everyone on the street knew who Rook was, and ran out to greet him when we took him for walks.

RT5.jpg
Getting love from his new BFF, and enjoying his own fenced in yard (Such a luxury!!!).

RT6.jpg
Rook taking Nicholas for a walk.

RT7.jpg
Sharing secrets (and a ball).

We made the trek back home yesterday, and Rook is completely tuckered out.
He slept almost the entire way home, and then had to rest some more.

RT9.jpg
I think he definitely enjoyed his vacation!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:love: Bully's and Kids..go together like

Peanut butter and jelly
Hot dogs and baseball
beer and peanuts
Chips and dip
guacamole and anything
margaritas and ME!

:ROFL: :ROFL: you get the picture! And Rook is so very Handsome! :love:

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
:love: Bully's and Kids..go together like

Peanut butter and jelly
Hot dogs and baseball
beer and peanuts
Chips and dip
guacamole and anything
margaritas and ME!

:ROFL: :ROFL: you get the picture! And Rook is so very Handsome! :love:

I totally agree!. Especially the Margherita part :happy2: Dublin has been a "travelling bully" from day one. Next trip in a few weeks from FL to NY to take my youngest to college. I know she will do so much better than I will with that trek :bitching:

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Great pics, so cute that they became such great friends!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I totally agree!. Especially the Margherita part :happy2: Dublin has been a "travelling bully" from day one. Next trip in a few weeks from FL to NY to take my youngest to college. I know she will do so much better than I will with that trek :bitching:

Ohhhh...that WILL be wayyyyyyy easier on her than you! :hug:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
[MENTION=3735]LaurenA[/MENTION]...Rook is handsome...you peeps...not so bad on the eyes either :loco2:

Thank you for sharing such great pics w/us, love the 'sharing secrets' pic.

Boys & dogs...go together like..[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] 's fabulous list of great combos.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
What a fun time you must have had. Thanx for sharing the pix. Very enjoyable. :)

KaidasMom

Jun 25, 2012
Anchorage, AK
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kaida
You guys sound like you had a wonderful time while visiting your family for the weekend. Rook looks like a great traveling companion and seems to have had a blast! Great photos!

We're taking Kaida on her first extended road trip to visit my family in CT this weekend. Wish us luck! The longest car ride she's been on was 1.5 hours. She slept most of the way in her seatbelt harness in the back seat all cuddled up with her blanket and toys.

Gotta love our bully's. Rook is a handsome fella!

OP
LaurenA

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Thanks everyone! We did have a really great time. So thankful we could enjoy it with our boy.

You guys sound like you had a wonderful time while visiting your family for the weekend. Rook looks like a great traveling companion and seems to have had a blast! Great photos!

We're taking Kaida on her first extended road trip to visit my family in CT this weekend. Wish us luck! The longest car ride she's been on was 1.5 hours. She slept most of the way in her seatbelt harness in the back seat all cuddled up with her blanket and toys.

Gotta love our bully's. Rook is a handsome fella!

Good luck! Hopefully she'll sleep for you up to CT. Rook was a crazy man on our way to Toronto. He was harnessed in, but he was so pumped that I don't think he sat still, always had to know what was going on.
My in-laws looked at me like I was crazy when we arrived - I had packed more stuff for Rook than for ourselves... Food, toys, blankets, baby wipes, all the lotions and potions for keeping that face and skin so handsome, and canned pumpkin just in case. They were like, He's just a dog... But I'm pretty sure they realized he's more than that by the end of our stay. :)
Hope you have a great trip too!

KaidasMom

Jun 25, 2012
Anchorage, AK
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kaida
[MENTION=3735]LaurenA[/MENTION]
I'm sure we'll be doing the same for Kaida - packing more for her than us! I think only bully parents understand all the stuff you need to have with you when you're away from home? Wipes, check, toys, check, food, treats, food bowls, blankies, bed, crate, double check. LOL...

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Looks like you had a great trip and Rook was such a good bullie. I'm sure that Nicholas is pestering his parents on having a bullie as well. He is such a good ambassador for the breed:heart:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.