RIP my beloved Wallygator...

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
As most of you know, we have been having a summer with Wally... started out as an ear infection, possible brain tumor, cytopoint reaction... and we were still unsure of what was really going on, and then suddenly he was back to his ol' self. This was short lived, maybe for about 2 weeks and then he started limping again on his front leg. The vet decided to take fluid from his elbow, and last Saturday we got the dreaded news... Wally had sarcoma. The vet consulted oncology, and just yesterday we discussed his options. Wally would've needed a full body x-ray, MRI, and then amputation of his front leg. After amputation he would need chemotherapy which would likely involve side effects of vomiting, diarrhea and prolonged hospitalizations. This would maybe buy him 6 months time... OR we could keep him on pain management here at home and maybe have 8 weeks.

My vet & I have a special relationship... one where she doesn't "sugar coat" results to give me her real opinion... and we both agreed that the best option for Wally would be pain management at home. He hated being poked and prodded... hated car rides, and going to the hospital. The decision was made yesterday afternoon, and I prepared myself for hospice care... Gatorman had other plans. Yesterday evening we took him out to potty/play w/his ball and brought him inside to rest while I cleaned up. I heard him take 2 long gasps, and his tongue went purple... we tried to revive him but he was gone. On HIS terms... it's almost like he waited for us to decide to let him go... and he did just that.

We of course are devastated, but a huge part of me knows that he did this so we wouldn't have to make the dreaded decision. We got to love on him for 8.5 years, the oldest bully that we've ever owned and for that I'm truly grateful. I want to Thank each and every one of you who have helped me thru the years to give Wally the BEST life possible... I know that your help/insight gave me the tools that I needed to keep him healthy & happy.

RIP Wallygator... we are truly going to miss you big boy!!! I know you're watching ALL the Tom & Jerry Shows, playing with every single orange ball and eating ALL the watermelon at the bridge. WE LOVED YOU SO... :angelheart:

View attachment 123203
Oh I am so very, very sorry to be reading this. I am a bit late seeing this, I'm sorry. Shed my tears for your sweet, sweet Wally. I feel like we've known him forever. You have my prayers friend! Sending you big BULLY HUGS for comfort somehow.

Sue and Joey

Frankz1971

Dec 8, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly
As most of you know, we have been having a summer with Wally... started out as an ear infection, possible brain tumor, cytopoint reaction... and we were still unsure of what was really going on, and then suddenly he was back to his ol' self. This was short lived, maybe for about 2 weeks and then he started limping again on his front leg. The vet decided to take fluid from his elbow, and last Saturday we got the dreaded news... Wally had sarcoma. The vet consulted oncology, and just yesterday we discussed his options. Wally would've needed a full body x-ray, MRI, and then amputation of his front leg. After amputation he would need chemotherapy which would likely involve side effects of vomiting, diarrhea and prolonged hospitalizations. This would maybe buy him 6 months time... OR we could keep him on pain management here at home and maybe have 8 weeks.

My vet & I have a special relationship... one where she doesn't "sugar coat" results to give me her real opinion... and we both agreed that the best option for Wally would be pain management at home. He hated being poked and prodded... hated car rides, and going to the hospital. The decision was made yesterday afternoon, and I prepared myself for hospice care... Gatorman had other plans. Yesterday evening we took him out to potty/play w/his ball and brought him inside to rest while I cleaned up. I heard him take 2 long gasps, and his tongue went purple... we tried to revive him but he was gone. On HIS terms... it's almost like he waited for us to decide to let him go... and he did just that.

We of course are devastated, but a huge part of me knows that he did this so we wouldn't have to make the dreaded decision. We got to love on him for 8.5 years, the oldest bully that we've ever owned and for that I'm truly grateful. I want to Thank each and every one of you who have helped me thru the years to give Wally the BEST life possible... I know that your help/insight gave me the tools that I needed to keep him healthy & happy.

RIP Wallygator... we are truly going to miss you big boy!!! I know you're watching ALL the Tom & Jerry Shows, playing with every single orange ball and eating ALL the watermelon at the bridge. WE LOVED YOU SO...

RIP Wallygator... we are truly going to miss you big boy!!! I know you're watching ALL the Tom & Jerry Shows, playing with every single orange ball and eating ALL the watermelon at the bridge. WE LOVED YOU SO... :angelheart:

View attachment 123203
I am so very sorry that you lost your Wallygator. There is no heartbreak like it. We faced this situation with our beloved Daisy - who was only 14 months old when she passed away from renal failure. I look forward to the Rainbow Bridge - where we'll be reunited with these special family members whom we loved so very dearly. There is something absolutely different about these sweet English bulldogs. Their paw prints are placed on your heart from day one!

Sorry for your loss!

Mmaker

Feb 21, 2016
New Mexico
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elsie

View attachment 123203
😢

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
My condolences on the loss of your baby. Losing them hurts so much. My Tyson just turned 8 and I find myself constantly checking to see if he’s breathing when he’s slow to answer my breakfast/dinner call. Rest easy and play hard at the rainbow bridge ❤️

Jun 13, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
VooDoo and Breezy

View attachment 123203
We’re so sorry to hear about Wally. What a special boy. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Rest easy sweet angel 🌈🐾❤️🙏

SMSiegman

Jan 17, 2016
California Bay Area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Red

View attachment 123203
So sorry RIP

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Tracey, sending more love to you. I know this loss is so painful, and it will take awhile to get through, until you can smile at the good memories. Just checking on you-wish I had you phone# to call and let you know how much I care.:heart:

Spanky

May 30, 2022
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston

View attachment 123203
Oh my ! My heart breaks for you ! Sending blessings your way !!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Tracey, sending more love to you. I know this loss is so painful, and it will take awhile to get through, until you can smile at the good memories. Just checking on you-wish I had you phone# to call and let you know how much I care.:heart:
Hey there... we're doing okay, it's been a long week to say the least. Willow knew he was sick, and she just follows us around most of the day. At night it's the worst because we would all go outside to play w/his ball, I actually put up a garden flag & wind chime a neighbor gave to me... and when I put it up (in his spot) it started chiming like crazy!!!

I appreciate you checking up on me... and I know your heart!!! You've always been there for me and the family, and I SO appreciate you :heart:

Members online

No members online now.