ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
As most of you know, we have been having a summer with Wally... started out as an ear infection, possible brain tumor, cytopoint reaction... and we were still unsure of what was really going on, and then suddenly he was back to his ol' self. This was short lived, maybe for about 2 weeks and then he started limping again on his front leg. The vet decided to take fluid from his elbow, and last Saturday we got the dreaded news... Wally had sarcoma. The vet consulted oncology, and just yesterday we discussed his options. Wally would've needed a full body x-ray, MRI, and then amputation of his front leg. After amputation he would need chemotherapy which would likely involve side effects of vomiting, diarrhea and prolonged hospitalizations. This would maybe buy him 6 months time... OR we could keep him on pain management here at home and maybe have 8 weeks.

My vet & I have a special relationship... one where she doesn't "sugar coat" results to give me her real opinion... and we both agreed that the best option for Wally would be pain management at home. He hated being poked and prodded... hated car rides, and going to the hospital. The decision was made yesterday afternoon, and I prepared myself for hospice care... Gatorman had other plans. Yesterday evening we took him out to potty/play w/his ball and brought him inside to rest while I cleaned up. I heard him take 2 long gasps, and his tongue went purple... we tried to revive him but he was gone. On HIS terms... it's almost like he waited for us to decide to let him go... and he did just that.

We of course are devastated, but a huge part of me knows that he did this so we wouldn't have to make the dreaded decision. We got to love on him for 8.5 years, the oldest bully that we've ever owned and for that I'm truly grateful. I want to Thank each and every one of you who have helped me thru the years to give Wally the BEST life possible... I know that your help/insight gave me the tools that I needed to keep him healthy & happy.

RIP Wallygator... we are truly going to miss you big boy!!! I know you're watching ALL the Tom & Jerry Shows, playing with every single orange ball and eating ALL the watermelon at the bridge. WE LOVED YOU SO... :angelheart:

301287559_10159940320563548_4146343319520212146_n.jpg

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Oh no. What sad news. I am so sorry for your loss. We know how much he meant to you and how much you will miss him. Sleep well, Wally.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am so sorry Tracey. Losing our fur babies is tough all around. Wallygator was so loved and spoiled by you and your family and I know I will miss hearing of his adventures.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
RIP sweet Walter.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I'm so sorry to be reading this...still wrapping my head around Harvey.
Wally lived a great life. He went through a lot(recently) and without your help he would have been miserable. Thankfully, you were there to make him as happy and comfy as possible ALL of his life. Job well done, Bulldog MOM!
The next Bulldog that joins your family will be one LUCKY PUP...just like Wally!
RIP Wallygator.

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
Me and my boys are sending our most heartfelt condolences to you. It's always difficult to see a loved one go and heartbreaking when it happens. But knowing they are at peace and free of pain eases things somewhat. Sorry for your loss, Wallygator will truely be missed.

BullyAngel15.jpg

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
As most of you know, we have been having a summer with Wally... started out as an ear infection, possible brain tumor, cytopoint reaction... and we were still unsure of what was really going on, and then suddenly he was back to his ol' self. This was short lived, maybe for about 2 weeks and then he started limping again on his front leg. The vet decided to take fluid from his elbow, and last Saturday we got the dreaded news... Wally had sarcoma. The vet consulted oncology, and just yesterday we discussed his options. Wally would've needed a full body x-ray, MRI, and then amputation of his front leg. After amputation he would need chemotherapy which would likely involve side effects of vomiting, diarrhea and prolonged hospitalizations. This would maybe buy him 6 months time... OR we could keep him on pain management here at home and maybe have 8 weeks.

My vet & I have a special relationship... one where she doesn't "sugar coat" results to give me her real opinion... and we both agreed that the best option for Wally would be pain management at home. He hated being poked and prodded... hated car rides, and going to the hospital. The decision was made yesterday afternoon, and I prepared myself for hospice care... Gatorman had other plans. Yesterday evening we took him out to potty/play w/his ball and brought him inside to rest while I cleaned up. I heard him take 2 long gasps, and his tongue went purple... we tried to revive him but he was gone. On HIS terms... it's almost like he waited for us to decide to let him go... and he did just that.

We of course are devastated, but a huge part of me knows that he did this so we wouldn't have to make the dreaded decision. We got to love on him for 8.5 years, the oldest bully that we've ever owned and for that I'm truly grateful. I want to Thank each and every one of you who have helped me thru the years to give Wally the BEST life possible... I know that your help/insight gave me the tools that I needed to keep him healthy & happy.

RIP Wallygator... we are truly going to miss you big boy!!! I know you're watching ALL the Tom & Jerry Shows, playing with every single orange ball and eating ALL the watermelon at the bridge. WE LOVED YOU SO... :angelheart:

View attachment 123203
Another sad story. Run free Gatorman. Hope you get to play with my Harvey at the Rainbow Bridge. :cry::cry:

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
My condolences. I so remember sweet Wally from my and Castor's years here on EBN. Haven't logged on for a long time and am so sorry to read this. I believe you are right about him going on his own terms. They know, and they let us know when the time has come. And I do believe that bulldog heaven is a nice place.

All the best to you, Willow and your family.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Tracey, I am soooo sorry to read about Wally"s Passing. I haven't been online and didn't know. Sending Hugs and prayers for you. I know you must be devastated, the only condolence is that he did not suffer. You know all the Original gang loved the Gator, and we will miss him very much. Love to you and your family.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Oh Tracey I’m so sorry. Just came on and reading Harlea, Harvey and now our Wally’s passing. 😢 My heart has sunk and I’m in tears. Nyala was raised with all 3. You most certainly did what was best for Wally. He was so the “leave me alone” bully. He too went on his own term. Will miss our Wally….R.I.P. Gatorman, Run Free with Harlea and Harvey ❤️

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Rest well sweet handsome boy… run pain free and keep that orange ball close by! I’m sure you have unlimited access to every orange ball known to man now.

sending love hugs and prayers to you all Tracey!!

beausmom

Aug 21, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Beau
Another sad story. Run free Gatorman. Hope you get to play with my Harvey at the Rainbow Bridge. :cry::cry:
I'm literally in tears after reading all of this dreadful news. My Beau is now 10 years old and is failing. We love him so much, but know the time is coming. I don't post much, but do read most of them and feel I know your lovebugs. So heartbreaking. That boy of yours loved you so much, he protected you from a long, sad goodbye. RIP at the Rainbow, we'll be there to meet you bye n' bye.

Members online