Reputable breeder

Ianpatties

Apr 1, 2021
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope
Hello. I spent a little time searching this site for the answer to my question and didn't really find it. I am looking for a puppy. From searching the internet I see price ranges from $800-5000. That's obviously quite a range. I'm weary of the lower priced puppies and can't spend 5k. I actually bought a bulldog from a questionable breeder in the past. I got lucky and the dog I got was one she actually bred. That bulldog lived to be 14 and was a really great dog. Can any one recommend a breeder that is reputable and not quite 5k or is that the price to get a good dog. I live in east TN. Would prefer to meet the breeder 1st. Am willing to drive a fair distance or ship if I feel comfortable with that

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
Hello to you and welcome to our friendly little group. I can't answer your question about breeders in your area, I live in SW Georgia and am not aware of any breeders. I got our bulldog from a coworker and friend from Newport News Virginia. And he's not breeding anymore. The price we paid for our boy was about midrange from what your max range was you had found. I would suggest maybe looking at bulldog rescues in your area. There is a listing here of all bulldog rescue sites in the US. You won't be getting a new puppy with a big price tag, but you would be making a huge life change for a bulldog that needs another chance at life and a loving family. Its just a suggestion. Good luck and welcome on board.

Bulldogs 53.jpg

OP
I

Ianpatties

Apr 1, 2021
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope
Thank you for your reply. We are considering a bulldog rescue. Would love a puppy but agree would love to give an older bulldog a nice home. I actually looked at a rescue near me and they had a couple available but according to their posts wouldn't be a good fit for us as we have a cat and small children. Will definitely keep an eye on what rescues are available. Have also considered a puppy and a rescue if that can be worked out.

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
We wish you the best of luck with your choice. Please be sure to post pictures of the new addition(s) when you can. Thank you.

Bulldogs 61.jpg Bulldogs 52.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you for your reply. We are considering a bulldog rescue. Would love a puppy but agree would love to give an older bulldog a nice home. I actually looked at a rescue near me and they had a couple available but according to their posts wouldn't be a good fit for us as we have a cat and small children. Will definitely keep an eye on what rescues are available. Have also considered a puppy and a rescue if that can be worked out.

welcome to EBN..... a great place to start is on Bulldog Club of America or AKC website, you can find one in your travel range Nd interview them as much as they should you.

best of luck in your search. I hope you stay with us and post pictures of your new baby once you find your match

OP
I

Ianpatties

Apr 1, 2021
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope
Thank you for the advice. I'll be sure to post pics when we find our dog.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online