Help Needed! Red Spots on Legs & Feet

Mac63014

Jan 19, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mac
Hi just wanted to see if anyone has ever had this issue with their dogs before. I noticed a few weeks ago that my boy has gotten these red spots on his lower front legs. He has one on his lower right leg and then also between one of his toes, one more on his other leg just above his paw. He also seems to have 2 very small ones on the back of his hind legs(those have since looked they are clearing up). I have taken him to the vet and they prescribed us a shampoo and then a topical gel to put on. At first the spots were looking better, but now it seems that there is not much change. He occasionally will lick at them but not very much. We are going back for a recheck soon where the vet said if it did not look any better they may take skin samples. If anyone knows what this may be or has dealt with it in the past any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Attachments

• 20160104_210732.jpg
    20160104_210732.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 135

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Do you live in a cold climate , like salt used on side walks roads , a warm climate so you fertilize the lawns he goes on , is your vet have other Bulldogs in his/ her Keep , no offence meant to him or her but I would have already taken the samples not charged for another visit if i did not know what it was , just Me and the vet i use .

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The one between the toes is a interdigital cyst-- soak in warm water and epsom salt for a few mins twice a day. The other one might be mites/mange -- any other spots like that on your baby?

OP
M

Mac63014

Jan 19, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mac
Im in Massachusetts so the weather is unpredictable lol :) but I do not believe it has to do with weather...this is the first time that is has ever happened and we have not changed anything in our environment since they have shown up. And yes our vet does have experience with bulldogs...she wanted to try with the medicated shampoo baths for 3 weeks and the topical ointment before we did the skin samples. It doesnt bother him just looks horrible because of his white coloring on his legs

OP
M

Mac63014

Jan 19, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mac
Thank you I will have to try the epsom salt and warm water bath to see if that makes a difference. Its so strange because the spots just showed up. They were not small and than got larger they just appeared that size. He only has those 2 on one leg and then 1 more on the opposite front leg. We will be going back to the vet soon so I will keep you posted! Thanks!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you I will have to try the epsom salt and warm water bath to see if that makes a difference. Its so strange because the spots just showed up. They were not small and than got larger they just appeared that size. He only has those 2 on one leg and then 1 more on the opposite front leg. We will be going back to the vet soon so I will keep you posted! Thanks!

let us know how he does with the foot soaks, but I am curious on why the vet did not skin scrape to rule out mange?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.