Rear leg thumping/shaking

nikolasthefourth

Dec 19, 2022
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jade
Hi all,

First time poster, I have a bulldog named Jade who is about 10 years old now.

Something when she gets up to walk around or we are going outside to pee, she will sit down immediately and her rear leg with shake/thump on the ground for a few seconds. She seems fine and I rub her leg and she doesn't seem to be in pain and after a few seconds then she continues on her merry way just fine. It almost appears her leg is asleep still but I'm worried it's something more major as it occurs more frequently than not. I saw a similar post here but from 2017 and one person suggested essential and coconut oil to rub on the rear leg? Any advice? Is this normal? Anyone else have this happen to their bulldog?

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hi all,

First time poster, I have a bulldog named Jade who is about 10 years old now.

Something when she gets up to walk around or we are going outside to pee, she will sit down immediately and her rear leg with shake/thump on the ground for a few seconds. She seems fine and I rub her leg and she doesn't seem to be in pain and after a few seconds then she continues on her merry way just fine. It almost appears her leg is asleep still but I'm worried it's something more major as it occurs more frequently than not. I saw a similar post here but from 2017 and one person suggested essential and coconut oil to rub on the rear leg? Any advice? Is this normal? Anyone else have this happen to their bulldog?

Welcome!

I would have it checked out at the vet to rule out arthritis or injury. Maybe she pulled something in it.

If itā€™s arthritis for example, you can give stuff to maintain it, for example my dog has arthritis and limps lots, her arthritis is non existent since putting her on freeze dried Green Lipped Mussels powder supplement, as itā€™s much more effective than regular glucosamine and chondroitin cause itā€™s the whole food source and much more effective.

If there is something pulled in her leg for example or there is arthritis, you can also have Laser Therapy done on it which is very effective too, some vets do it but here where I am, there is people that come to your house to do the laser therapy.
I would first get it checked though.

OP
N

nikolasthefourth

Dec 19, 2022
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jade
Welcome!

I would have it checked out at the vet to rule out arthritis or injury. Maybe she pulled something in it.

If itā€™s arthritis for example, you can give stuff to maintain it, for example my dog has arthritis and limps lots, her arthritis is non existent since putting her on freeze dried Green Lipped Mussels powder supplement, as itā€™s much more effective than regular glucosamine and chondroitin cause itā€™s the whole food source and much more effective.

If there is something pulled in her leg for example or there is arthritis, you can also have Laser Therapy done on it which is very effective too, some vets do it but here where I am, there is people that come to your house to do the laser therapy.
I would first get it checked though.
Thank you

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.