Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Basically youā€™re giving 4cups of kibbles aside from all the rest. Cut it to 2cups as heā€™s still eating a lot. For Duke n Nyala is a pound each Per day. You guys your dogs are 10+ heavier than my 2. Donā€™t forget all those little side snacks. That counts!!! Again bare in mind the activity, if a dog gets just a couple tablespoons less n doesnā€™t move, leave those 2tablespoons out because those snacks we give with top it.

2 cups of kibble in the am plus the pm raw? I think what has me so confused is that he will be getting kibble in the am. He was getting 4 cups of kibble total for each day and yes that is a lot but it seemed to be what he needed to gain and maintain his weight. Jax gets raw both am and pm and it was so much easier to figure out. And I am sure I am making this more complicated than it is so sorry!!!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
2 cups of kibble in the am plus the pm raw? I think what has me so confused is that he will be getting kibble in the am. He was getting 4 cups of kibble total for each day and yes that is a lot but it seemed to be what he needed to gain and maintain his weight. Jax gets raw both am and pm and it was so much easier to figure out. And I am sure I am making this more complicated than it is so sorry!!!!!

Yes....just 2 cups of kibbles aside from his raw n snacks.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes....just 2 cups of kibbles aside from his raw n snacks.

I will stop posting now and driving everyone crazy. I know I drive myself insane with all my overthinking but I get so crazy when it comes to feeding them. I remember when I first brought Jax home and was trying to find the "best" kibble for him I literally spent hour after hour, day after day looking at different brands. It drove me insane and I am doing it again, not with the brands but with the amount to feed.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I will stop posting now and driving everyone crazy. I know I drive myself insane with all my overthinking but I get so crazy when it comes to feeding them. I remember when I first brought Jax home and was trying to find the "best" kibble for him I literally spent hour after hour, day after day looking at different brands. It drove me insane and I am doing it again, not with the brands but with the amount to feed.

All good.... it is helping me learn too. no worries!!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank

ha! oh REALLY????? and your the only one who does this... lololololo I LOVE it when someone else does it so please dont stop ;) This is all learning for all of us. I have another 'food' question but have to start a different thread.. cause it's prob simple, but different than this... lol

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
My dog Honey right now is getting frozen raw in morning and Carna4 kibble in evening. Her paw licking is about same now as before when she was just on dehydrated raw, but her one ear that gave her problems all summer and seemed to get better after the frost is now getting increased dirt. When I finish my bag of Carna4 I'm going to switch to just frozen raw and see if her ear improves.

Switched to just giving frozen raw ( ran out of Carna4 kibble ) and I find Honey's ears is much better. I won't be going back to kibble for Honey, but will have to switch her to dehydrated raw if I have to go away. So even the best kibble ( in my opinion ) is not as good as the cheapest commercial frozen raw dog food for our dogs with allergies.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Switched to just giving frozen raw ( ran out of Carna4 kibble ) and I find Honey's ears is much better. I won't be going back to kibble for Honey, but will have to switch her to dehydrated raw if I have to go away. So even the best kibble ( in my opinion ) is not as good as the cheapest commercial frozen raw dog food for our dogs with allergies.

Interesting... isn't it?! I'll be doing a two month update later this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Interesting... isn't it?! I'll be doing a two month update later this week

Tried switching her from frozen raw turkey straight to frozen raw boar this morning and she threw it up both times I gave it to her. I'm going to try half frozen turkey and half frozen boar tomorrow.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tried switching her from frozen raw turkey straight to frozen raw boar this morning and she threw it up both times I gave it to her. I'm going to try half frozen turkey and half frozen boar tomorrow.

It's like a science project!!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
It's like a science project!!

Every time I start messing with Jax's food routine, it all goes wrong. So I have learned to stop messing around. Even though sometimes I still do lol. And then I regret it later.

Dakota Bully

Sep 23, 2016
North Dakota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Diesel, Alise, Pia & Piglet Wiggle Britches
Here is a shot of Lambeau breakfast... Lewis is jealous and sent this to his sister saying 'dogs eat better than him'. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

b07bb1113428b94f67acfb05e37073de.jpg

I had to laugh when I read your post. My husband and kids always say the same things to everybody! I love to grill and my bulldogs do benefit from it...but so do my family members. I don't think they are being too deprived, lol. Take a look at this pic from one of my grilling days (and I grill a few times a week in the summer):summer:Grilling.JPG

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I had to laugh when I read your post. My husband and kids always say the same things to everybody! I love to grill and my bulldogs do benefit from it...but so do my family members. I don't think they are being too deprived, lol. Take a look at this pic from one of my grilling days (and I grill a few times a week in the summer):summer:View attachment 110915

YUMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I had to laugh when I read your post. My husband and kids always say the same things to everybody! I love to grill and my bulldogs do benefit from it...but so do my family members. I don't think they are being too deprived, lol. Take a look at this pic from one of my grilling days (and I grill a few times a week in the summer):summer:View attachment 110915

That looks fantastic!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.