Raw food all the way?

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I saved this website n donā€™t askā€¦lost itā€¦Thank you ā€¼ļø

Itā€™s a fantastic site n very informativeā€¦.

Something I just noticed in this, 5% liver/organs it says, thatā€™s not enough organs! They need at least 10% organs, organs are the most nutritious part of raw diet. Very odd they only say 5%

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Something I just noticed in this, 5% liver/organs it says, thatā€™s not enough organs! They need at least 10% organs, organs are the most nutritious part of raw diet. Very odd they only say 5%
Itā€™s because they put 5% of fruits. Replace that 5% fruit with organs so you have 10%. Dogs donā€™t need fruits everyday , you can completely remove it in any diet as fruits has sugars n sugars will create inflammation. In the wild animals will eat fruits only when itā€™s in season. BTWā€¦Humans should do the same. šŸ‘

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Itā€™s because they put 5% of fruits. Replace that 5% fruit with organs so you have 10%. Dogs donā€™t need fruits everyday , you can completely remove it in any diet as fruits has sugars n sugars will create inflammation. In the wild animals will eat fruits only when itā€™s in season. BTWā€¦Humans should do the same. šŸ‘

I know dogs donā€™t need fruits, thatā€™s why I said it should be 10% organs and no veg.

I always say that too, the fruits feed yeast and inflammation, so avoid.

PigDogLucky

Jul 28, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
PigDogLucky
I actually prefer pro plan by Purina. (Puppy only)
Given puppy has far more nutrients than adult. Raw I notice they tend to develop allergies later on. I have had several bulldogs as well as bully breeds and ever once have any type of allergies or skin problems.

Hope this helps.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I actually prefer pro plan by Purina. (Puppy only)
Given puppy has far more nutrients than adult. Raw I notice they tend to develop allergies later on. I have had several bulldogs as well as bully breeds and ever once have any type of allergies or skin problems.

Hope this helps.
Pro plan puppy ingredients:

Ingredients​

Chicken, Rice, Poultry By-Product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Whole Grain Wheat, Beef Fat Preserved with Mixed-tocopherols, Whole Grain Corn, Corn Germ Meal, Dried Yeast, Fish Meal, Dried Egg Product, Natural Flavor, Fish Oil, Soybean Oil, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Mono and Dicalcium Phosphate, Choline Chloride, Minerals [Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite], L-Lysine Monohydrochloride, Vitamins [Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin (Vitamin B-3), Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B-5), Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B-1), Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B-2), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), Folic Acid (Vitamin B-9), Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Vitamin K), Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Biotin (Vitamin B-7)], Dried Bacillus Coagulans Fermentation Product, Garlic Oil. X445819

Always AVOID foods that contain these ingredients:
-By products(literally waste from garbage bin) could even be dead animals or feathers, anything from garbage bin! Gross!!!
-corn (GMO ingredient, high pesticide ingredient, highly inflammatory and cause allergic reactions, a cheap filler!)
-wheat (can cause allergies too)
-soy (can cause brain damage and a common allergy and highly inflammatory)
-too many synthetic vitamins arenā€™t absorbed and can be a issue in some dogs. Also if it has to be added back in, itā€™s from low quality ingredients.

2 of my dogs got kidney disease from these low quality ingredients in their food as a puppy. Some of these ingredients are known to cause kidney damage. Exact same low quality ingredients as this Purina food, why I recommend avoiding ALL Purina, Royal Canin, hills, science diet, vet food and also anything from grocery store.

Also dogs develop allergies by eating the same thing every day without Variety or rotating proteins. Raw diet is the best for dogs with allergies or prone to allergies and other health issues. Since I have switched my dogs to raw, their current health issues are way more manageable and some even went away.

If you even had to feed kibble, still rotate proteins as a puppy, do fish, beef, lamb, duck, turkey and so on rotate.

Same goes for raw diet, always rotate proteins, very unlikely the dog will have food allergies on raw and rotate proteins, and every proteins have its own benefits, so you also maximize the dogs nutrients by rotate proteins.

One of my dogs Developed a allergy to pork from eating it daily for only 60 days without variety, most dogs will take longer than that though, some may take a year or 2.

I know @helsonwheels and some other members here will agree with all this.

Members online

No members online now.