Ratter

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
They also love to sneak in the barn at night and eat the cat food! I have carried a lot of them into the woods. Once when my husband was living, we saw a dead "possum" on the road,and there were about 7 babies on her back,clinging to her. I wanted to bring them home and take care of them. My husband refused to, and you know that memory of those babies has haunted me ever since. So sad.

Aww. I understand how you feel completely.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
They also love to sneak in the barn at night and eat the cat food! I have carried a lot of them into the woods. Once when my husband was living, we saw a dead "possum" on the road,and there were about 7 babies on her back,clinging to her. I wanted to bring them home and take care of them. My husband refused to, and you know that memory of those babies has haunted me ever since. So sad.

We had the same thing happen to us, but it was a SKUNK!!! Ray wouldn't let me put the babies in our car for safety, he said they would stink up the car but I have always heard that was a learned behavior.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
oh my gosh!!!! How could I have ever screamed at that poor critter... I'm in love and will have to inform anyone ever thinking they don't want them around to reconsider.... THANKS!!!! I truly mean that it is much appreciated!
I was completely ignorant about them too until a few years ago. This is also interesting.
Opossums: Mother Nature's Clean-Up Crew

OP
Dollys Owner

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
We don't have possums here in Toronto but we do have the biggest urban population of raccoons in the world. They are horrible to have around since they are extremely smart so can get into your attic or garbage cans, vicious when cornered, can now possibly have rabies, and are not scared of anyone or anything. They look cute though LOL

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
when you say "carry" how is it you carry them out?? I used to live in mts and traped 'indoor' mice and would carry them up the road but no touch..... I have a sad story as well :( On day about 8 years ago, I was in the back of property (I'm in the city but have possum and raccoon on 1/3 acre with chickens) and along the fence was a possum. I stood there admiring it and then saw some little ones peake out from under her. I nearly cried with joy.... (I still loved them even though afraid) . I left her alone but so sadly I went back later to find one of the babies still on the fence, dead.. (do babies know how to play dead?) I figure while she was holding so still she suffocated one against the fence?? Anyway, that is something I carrie in guilt as well thinking I stared too long. I will say that I didn't find the little body so 'mabie' ?? the mom came back and got and it wasn't even really dead?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] I carry them out by their tail.They still pretend to be dead when you carry them! I'd say the mother went back and retrieved "your" little possum.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
This all just blows me away . And until that teacher yelled at me I don't think I had fear of any animal . And from then on I was really been scared of possum . I can't tell you how happy I am to read this stuff :-) thanks for helping me out

wtfhappened2mylife

Nov 11, 2022
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
HotWheels
Okay... I'm a bit late to the party, but I had to reply to this, even if noone ends up seeing it. My EB is becoming quite the mouser. It's getting pretty cold out and this year alot of mice seemed to find their way indoors. Usually they stick to the garage, but this year they've made it into the house, even up to the second story. We had gotten a kitten, sadly he was kitten-napped.
My husband's art studio is in the garage, HotWheels spends alot of time in there and has seen mice on occasion and he would try to get to them... I have watched him hone his skill. At first he seemed to pursue based on sight....then it progressed to sound......I believe what helped .him become successful is using his nose....LOTS of snuffling around.
He definitely enjoys hunting for mice, say "Get 'em HotWheels!" "Go get those mice, where are they?" He goes on alert, then does a bit of a "sweep" (using his nose). It's actually how he caught the last one yesterday, a little juvenile mouse. I was showing our tenant, how he gets so excited....he dove into a pile of clothes in front of the washer (like dove, between articles of clothing) and she said she heard him chomp....sure enough, he got the little guy.... His first one was maybe 4 days ago, not sure how that went down as I only found the back half of the body.
But Im so proud of him, I had to google bulldog ratter, see if anything came up. Not much, and I saw this post....
HotWheels is my first English Bulldog and I have to say, I continue to be impressed at how wonderful all around dog he is....And so smart, not like do tricks smart.....but like, he is listening, paying careful attention and really seems to understand things.....I should try to get him a communication board, like that doodle dog was using.

Anyways, thanks for having me!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Okay... I'm a bit late to the party, but I had to reply to this, even if noone ends up seeing it. My EB is becoming quite the mouser. It's getting pretty cold out and this year alot of mice seemed to find their way indoors. Usually they stick to the garage, but this year they've made it into the house, even up to the second story. We had gotten a kitten, sadly he was kitten-napped.
My husband's art studio is in the garage, HotWheels spends alot of time in there and has seen mice on occasion and he would try to get to them... I have watched him hone his skill. At first he seemed to pursue based on sight....then it progressed to sound......I believe what helped .him become successful is using his nose....LOTS of snuffling around.
He definitely enjoys hunting for mice, say "Get 'em HotWheels!" "Go get those mice, where are they?" He goes on alert, then does a bit of a "sweep" (using his nose). It's actually how he caught the last one yesterday, a little juvenile mouse. I was showing our tenant, how he gets so excited....he dove into a pile of clothes in front of the washer (like dove, between articles of clothing) and she said she heard him chomp....sure enough, he got the little guy.... His first one was maybe 4 days ago, not sure how that went down as I only found the back half of the body.
But Im so proud of him, I had to google bulldog ratter, see if anything came up. Not much, and I saw this post....
HotWheels is my first English Bulldog and I have to say, I continue to be impressed at how wonderful all around dog he is....And so smart, not like do tricks smart.....but like, he is listening, paying careful attention and really seems to understand things.....I should try to get him a communication board, like that doodle dog was using.

Welcome to EBN‼️

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

What a great boy! I love it.... yo gotta get this on video

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.